• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H & R M12 range report

Calfed

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
A few years back I won an H&R M12 at an auction. I had a couple already, as well as an H&R M5200 (the "civilian" model in a walnut stock), but this one had a Viani rail on it and was cheap.

I later discovered that it had a bedded action also.

At any rate, I mounted 6-20 Weaver scope on it and shot it once not long after I got it. Recently found the time to shoot it again with some better ammo. First shot (cold bore) went about 8:30. Then shot a 5 shot group.

The first round (cold bore) went out at about 8:30. The next 5 grouped closer to the center

50 yards with some Lapaua Midas +...

3ZJM9nr.jpg

Mustang;27944403 said:
Here's the rifle...
kd5j8q9.jpg

XKJVyl9.jpg

Drhn6IQ.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
Love it! I've been on an old 22 kick for awhile now. I always love seeing others pulling out the old iron and wood.

Reactions: Calfed
Of all the rifles I had and then didn’t have, I regret selling my M12 more than any…… had the ken vainni mount and it was an ugly awkward tacdriver!

Of all the rifles I had and then didn’t have, I regret selling my M12 more than any…… had the ken vainni mount and it was an ugly awkward tacdriver!
I started shooting targets with a M12, had great fun with it. Alas, I sold it to move to an Anschutz, and so on, and so on... I like the 2x4 stocks on the M12's, and they generally shoot very well.