• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing h-s pro 2000 help

terrygood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
Atlantic city NJ
I have a h-s pro series 30-06 from h-s. I want to put the barreled action in a mcmillan stock with a ptg hinged floor plate. The stock is fine but I am wondering how the mag box is going to fit? The bottom of the action doesn't have a cut out for the box? The action is set on the h-s DBM. Can I float the mag box in the Mcmillan?

Re: h-s pro 2000 help

Just did a refit on a H-S action. Rebarreled it with a Lilja. The stock I ended up with was a manners inletted for the H-S detachable mag and rem 700 LA. it is different from the BDL. I had to do quite a bit of fitting though. The showlines for the ejection port are way different. The HS is way longer in the lenght of the port than a REM. The HS uses a bolt safety and leaves an open slot to be dealt with where the rem safety is. Also the bolt stop for the HS is next to the bolt on the left and the whole area needs to be modified to make it look good. The Rem and the HS are similar but very different. Way more work than I thought. Seek pro help unless you know what you are doing. Chad is fully capable of helping you out.