• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H-S vs. Badger DBM

LongShot94

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
im upgrading my 700P .308 and im planning on getting one of these two. ive herd great things about both and the H-S is $100 cheaper. any advantages to one over the other?

Re: H-S vs. Badger DBM

The HS mags suck balls, there way over priced, any way hard to find. The Badger system uses battle proven AICS mags, which can be had for round 85 bucks, there's even knock off mags out there, but a HSP stock will require some inletting in a a stock.

Though I've heard mounds of evidence in favor of the Badger, I will put in a small vote for the HS. Are the mags good? Eh, once you open the lips up right, yes. Do they rattle? yes. Does it have a great feel and a better profile than the Badger, I think so.

The Badger has a lot going for it, don't get me wrong, but with a little work the HS one can be good too, if you're leaning toward it. It was this shot here:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/12/88288034_2207d03667_o.jpg

from the AR15.com precision rig pic thread that got me all hot and bothered for it
smile.gif

I like the way the HS almost fits flush on my hunting rifle. Only holds 3 rounds in wsm though. The badger ejects easier with that large lever versus the small button in side the trigger guard.
My $.02

I installed the HS magazine kit on my rifle and on 3 of my friends rifles I used it for over 5 years it's funcion was flawless always positive both with the 10 rounds magazine and the 4 rounds magazines only problem was the wait time for every kit.
I don't have experiance with the badger system so I can't say.

good luck with whatever you choose.

I had problems when I ran a HS on my .308 that had the pss stock.

I only had the 10rd mag. It'd feed 75% of the time.

I ditched the HS bottom metal and PSS stock and snatched up a McM and a Badger DBM and it's runs 100%.

The HS was a bitch to get the mag out. The Badger is easy.

I have had the Badger in 4 rifles, 3 short action and 1 long action. All perform flawlessly. You don't save anything going with the HS when you factor in cost of magazines. Also the AI mags are pretty tough compared to the HS mags. The choice is easy for me as you can see.

I have a friend who can get me the H-S for $225 with a 10 round mag so i think im ganna get the h-s. thanks for the input

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongShot94</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a friend who can get me the H-S for $225 with a 10 round mag so i think im ganna get the h-s. thanks for the input </div></div>

If you have any feeding problems or mag release problems, make sure to check the lips of the mags and the inletting on your stock (which you will need to do a bit of), respectively.