• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

h1000 components

ERA

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2008
Finland
Hi. <span style="font-weight: bold">Does anybody know if Hodgon H1000 has nitroglycerin or equivalent as component?</span>

I am looking for a better powder for 338LM. I burned my first barrel(standar Sako TRG:42) by using Vihtavuori n570. It took only 2000 shots to burn the barrel to condition that is unacceptable. From all the gunsmits I have talked with double component powders are worse in means of heat erosion. Therefore I am looking for a single component powder.

I have tried the following with B408 bullet:

n165 good accuracy, but to fast for 338LM. It seems impossible to gain the desired 900m/s (2950fps) speed level by apropriate preasures. Does not carbon foul badly.

n170 good accuracy, but bit to slow. Part of powder burns otside of 27,2" barrel.

H1000 good accuracy up to 1100 meters and 900m/s (2950fps) can be gained relatively easily.

n570 good accuracy up to 2000m and easy to gain 900m/s level. Heat erosion on barrel is very bad and the same can be said of carbon fouling. The barrel looks like a stove pipe after 20 shots.

Bofors RP-15 (in factory ammo). The best powder that I know for B408 in 338LM, <span style="font-weight: bold">but can not be purchased.</span> The velocity level with factory ammo is at 900m/s. Does not carbon foul the same way as n570. Barrel life has proved to be good in guns that have been only shot by this powder. (They have lasted over 5000rounds). I use Lapua factory ammo loaded by this powder to competions. The accuracy is good provenly up to 1400m.