• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H100v Temp Sensitive?

RemingtonSPS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
Tri-Cities, WA
I am getting better at using the search function but have not been able to find the info I'm looking for. Please help.

Question: H4350 and H4831sc are some of the best temp INsensitive powders I have used. How does H100v stack up against these powders as far as temp sensitivity goes? What powder would you liken it to for temp sensitivity?

Re: H100v Temp Sensitive?

Jesse,

I've been very UNHAPPY with H100V. Seems every time I ever got close to max loads with it all the primer pockets got loose and I started having neck cracking problems. In .243, 6mm Rem, 6-.284, .257 Rob and .280 AI, it hasn't ever given me close to the velocity I expected and too close was case damaging.

That said, H4895X, H4350X, H4831SC(x) and H1000 are as good as it gets. Also, another one I'm waiting for some serious cold on is RE-17. We haven't had extreme cold here yet to see how that is going to go. But summer to fall has had very little change in velocity.

Re: H100v Temp Sensitive?

I tried 100V in 300 win mag, behind 165 GMX bullets. It ran into serious pressure mid range in the specified load data. Junked 7 cases, new primers would fall out with a light tap on the loading bench! Haven't tried it in anything else yet, may never use it again!

Hmmm. I must be the counter guy. Ive liked 100v, it shot so well in the wife's .243 that Ive yet to find a powder as good and efficient. However, I loaded for accuracy, and used the lower nodes to load at. Current load is 38.8gr under Sierra 105gr. She can shoot quarter size at 100yds with a cheapo Remmy700 youth combo.
That being said, I dislike how its dirty. 10shots warrants a dirty-rag half hour of (no)fun barrel scrubbing; and it likes to soot up cases, but that could be because of the lighter loads.

Sandwarrior,
I am with you here. I was very disappointed with H100V for all the same reasons.
And my results with RL17 have mirrored yours. It is my go to in the 6.5CM

I guess I've been fortunate, I shoot 100V in my .300 with 190's and it is very accurate with good speed. No issues whatsoever. Win case, 215M's, 190 SMK's.

Sandwarrior,
I am with you here. I was very disappointed with H100V for all the same reasons.
And my results with RL17 have mirrored yours. It is my go to in the 6.5CM

Shoot4fun,

What loads are you running for the 6.5 Creedmor with the RL 17? I have several bullets I'd like to try with it. Sierra 142smk's, Berger 140 Match VLD's, Lapua 139 Scenars.