• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes H2CMR reticle question.

Joe9735

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2008
Aubrey, TX
Suppose I want to range a target using the hash marks between 2 and 3 mils on the vertical line. These marks are .1 mil apart. Is the following assumption correct?

1st hash mark is at .1 mil.
2nd hash mark is at .2 mil.
3rd hash mark is at .3 mil.
4th hash mark is at .5 mil.
5th hash mark is at .7 mil.
6th hash mark is at .8 mil.
7th hash mark is at .9 mil.

I am just trying to bracket a small target at an unknown distance and get an accurate reading in tenths of a mil to calculate the distance. I dont' actually have the scope with
with the H2CMR yet, but this was a stage at our match last weekend and I was way off with my P4F. Thanks.

Re: H2CMR reticle question.

Pretty sure that the edge of the top circle is .1 and the edge of the bottom circle is .9. The center of the dot should be 2.0 and 3.0.

I run an H2CMR and yes it has .1 mil hash marks...What I really like is the open mil dots also so you can get a solid look at the edge of the target by splitting the dot and seeing the edge of the target or whatever you are milling

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty sure that the edge of the top circle is .1 and the edge of the bottom circle is .9. The center of the dot should be 2.0 and 3.0. </div></div>

Ok, that makes sense to me because the hash marks are a true .1 of a mil apart. I feel a little stupid for not considering part of the circle. But I have only used reticles that are hash mark only. Thanks for the help blklabs.

Can't wait for my scope to get here from Sport Optics.
The plate was 12" and I read it at .9 mil.
So (12*27.8)/.9 = 370 yards approx.
The plate should have been read at .7 mil, but without hashes at every .1 this was almost impossible.
So (12*27.8)/.7 = 475 yards approx.
Oops, I was about 105 yards off.

Just out of curiosity, how did you mistake .7 for .9? Where you trying to mil from the center of the crosshair with the p4f or did you try to mil from 1mil-2mil section that has the .5 mil hash mark? You should be able to get fairly close with the P4F, but I did get a MSR specifically to improve on the UKD stages.

I was using the 1 mil to 2 mil marks with the .5 mil hash in the center. I was wavering between .8 and .9 mils. I completely forgot about the 'gap' until you just mentioned it. I guess it is at .75 mils. It would of helped to remember that piece of information. I get kind of nutted up when I am put under a time limit and forget all kinds of important stuff.
But I learned from the experience.