• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H322 or BenchMark?

mdesign

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Nebraska
Anyone using H322 or BenchMark in your .233? I was thinking about using one of them for a hunting load in my AR with 69gr SMK. Bullets would have to be seated for mag feed.

Re: H322 or BenchMark?

I plan on trying Benchmark with 69gr bullets pretty soon, I use Benchmark with 50 and 55 grain bullets and its great but I think Varget might fit the bill better with the heavier pills.

Thanks,
Ron

I'm using Benchmark in a 22BR shooting 80's... Its a little fast for heavy bullets but my Lilja barrel seems to love it... Shot it in one 600 yrd match and shot a 1.6" and a 2" something for the 1st 2 targets. Temp sored and groups got big.

Anyway, I'd definately try it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crashnrondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan on trying Benchmark with 69gr bullets pretty soon, I use Benchmark with 50 and 55 grain bullets and its great but I think Varget might fit the bill better with the heavier pills.

Thanks,
Ron </div></div>

I haven't even tuned my Varget load for 77gr SMK's. 21.8gr Benchmark has been doing well 20" barrel. I need to chrony it though.

Thanks - when you load the heavier bullets to mag length, it seems like the loads all become compressed when using Varget or RL-15 so I was thinking a faster powder might be in order.

Just looking for insight as I have not loaded for an AR before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Win. brass, 25.5 gr. of H322, 60 gr. V-MAX out of my AR = dead animals! </div></div>

When you actually hit them... LOL!

And its 23.5 not 25.5....

I stand corrected! 23.5 not 25.5! O ya and thats why I roll with 30 round mags.... More lead to through down range!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing wrong wit warning shots! </div></div>
As long as the warning shot causes bodily functions to cease and "warns" others of what is to come. Should they be foolish enough to stand in range.