• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H335 & Alternatives

Sterling Shooter

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2004
Louisville, Kentucky
I've had extraordinary results from my AR based .223 Service Rifle using a handload to the tune of 25 grains of H335 under a 53 grain SMK stuffed in massaged Winchester brass sparked with WSR primers. Now, it appears, I can't find a lick of H335 in my area. Any advice?

Re: H335 & Altternatives

If you somehow stumble on WC844 it's essentially the same stuff, I use starting loads of H335 data for it.

BLC-2 is reasonably close, you might get similar results. It's temp sensitive though.

Powder Valley had Ramshot Tac in stock as of 4/18 and I've read nothing but good about it. As soon as I finish off my H335 I'm going to use it as it's quite a bit cheaper and also works well in 308.

Had good luck with AA2230 for .223. Little faster burn rate,shoots well in my AR's

I liked 844 surplus better for my .223 loads than H335. I couldn't get the accuracy out of the H335 that I did out of the 844 surplus.

I just got some TAC to try.

Kinda surprised it hasn't already been mentioned but 748 has been a go to powder in 223 for years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: samson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda surprised it hasn't already been mentioned but 748 has been a go to powder in 223 for years. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you somehow stumble on WC844 it's essentially the same stuff, I use starting loads of H335 data for it.

BLC-2 is reasonably close, you might get similar results. It's temp sensitive though. </div></div>

WC844, WC846, H335, and BLC-2 are supposedly all the same powder, labeled by their burn rates.