• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H335 & pulled 173 mil bullets

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
Here's the deal, like everyone else, I'm in a hurt when it comes to finding primers, powder and bullets for high power.

I'm setting on about 3000 pieces of pulled 173s from my NG days, and about 20#s of H335, and several thousand pieces of LC mixed brass.

I'm thinking of 45 grn to push the bullets. Also using Win LR primers saving my match primers. This would be for practice only, using my 168s & 175s for matches. Rifle being a Super Match M1A and Rem 700 Across the course bolt gun.

Any thoughts on that load, any better ideals???

Re: H335 & pulled 173 mil bullets

That setup and powder is trash, you should give it all to me for proper disposal :-D

I think it will shoot just dandy, I have about 100 lbs of mil-surp powder sitting at home that I shoot in everything from 223 through 30-06.

I also have about 750 or so (left) of the 150 FMJBT's that were pulled. They make great gong ringers out to 300 yards without any concern in hitting the target. Sure, they're not going to win a match, but if I'm just shooting rocks for SnG's then they work great.

If you DONT want to use the stuff, let me know via PM and I'll buy it from you.