• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H4895 production.

brassgoblin

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2023
Maine
Does anyone know why H4895 seems to remain somewhat difficult to find? Has its production quantities been reduced to supply the demand of Varget, H4350, H1000 etc? Or do you think it's something else?

I read an article a while back that said ADI in Australia was dedicating production to H4350, Varget and I think H1000. The “other” powders they make would only be made every so often (H322, H4895 & XBR8208)… so those last three will only show up every once in a while, which is a shame.

Reactions: brassgoblin
Okay. Kind of what I had been thinking. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes out for a couple 8 pounders when they're available next.

Haven't seen any 8 pounders of H4895 in 3 years, and 1 pounders were nearly impossible to find during that time... But there were quite a few drops of 1 pounders over the last month or so.

I bought 10x 1# bottles about a month ago, only because I have no idea when or if my 2.5 year old backorder for 3x 8# jugs will show up and I'm down to my last 8# jug.

I probably should have bought 20 or 30 pounds a couple weeks ago when it was available...

Reactions: brassgoblin
Iv been on the lookout for h4895 for the past 2 years and only came across 1 pound at the local gun shop, but I didn’t want to buy it and waste time on it only to never see it again. Anyone hear any updates on availability?

Brownells and Bass pro had a very limited quantity about 10 days ago and it sold out in an instant.

It's still fully in the "unobtanium" category.