• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H4H Rifle 2.0 (New and Improved)

He Shoot Me

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
No. Cal.
Hey everyone,

I wanted to show you guys, and say thanks to Todd (30calsniper) with Manners Stocks and Bobby (NotAGuru) with Lawton Machine for going the extra mile on what already was a pretty sweet-ass stick to begin with.

As some of you may remember this is the rifle I won on the 4th of July that Steve Fikes got going for the Hope 4 Heroes Foundation. While I was stareing/drooling over it at my local gun store Shooters Paradise, I noticed that the bolt was barely and I mean barely nicking the magnification ring when I really ripped the bolt back.

I wasnt sure what I should do if anything at all and decided to give Bobby a call. Lawton Machine along with several other vendors here in the Hide (US Optics, Manners Stocks, Badger Ordinance, GA Percision, to name a few) was one of the companies responsiable for making this happen. If not for their good grace and a little luck, it would've been years before I could even think about owning something this nice.

After speaking with him for a few minutes he said: "We would be happy to help, send to us and we will bend it for you free of charge" When I asked him how they were going to do it (Heat it up and bend it) I relized it would mess up the Cerakote finish. So I got Todd on the phone, told him what was going on, and asked him how much it would cost to re-coat it. He said he would do it free of charge and while I was at it, go ahead and send the scope and he would take care of it to.

I couldn't be any happier with these guys and their work, and I thought I should show the rest of you.

Here a pic of the way it looked when I got it:

H4HRifleBeforeCoating002.jpg

Here are some pic's of the finished product:

H4HRifle20008.jpg

H4HRifle20004.jpg

H4HRifle20001.jpg

Scope1.jpg

H4HRifle20018-1.jpg

H4HRifle20006-1.jpg

Scope3.jpg

Thanks for everything,

-Pat

Re: H4H Rifle 2.0 (New and Improved)

I forgot to mention that the coating is a blend of Cerakote and Polane. Todd perfectly matched that scope without being able to look at the gun. Dude is a pro.

-Pat

Looks great! I really like the scope that color. Its always great to hear about everyone coming together to put together a project like that, and to then to have them touch it up afterwards, really awesome.
Lets see some range reports!

Will do PC8541!

Going to try and hit the range this weekend, might even do a little hunting with it.
smile.gif

-Pat