• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H50BMG temperature sensitivity

Theoverwatch

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2020
Africa
"Because it shares the same technology as VARGET, H50BMG displays a high degree of thermal stability in temperature extremes." - Hodgdon

So this is supposed to be a temperature insensitive powder. It's in there "extreme" line yet the sensitivity factor is reported as 1.64 fps per. That doesn't match Varget or near its TSF. Is 1.64 correct?? if so how is that in the "extreme" line? Because I don't shoot my 50 much, expense and component availability I am unable to test this myself but i'm wanting to update my Kestrels temperature curve so any data or opinion would be appreciated.

The particular chart you pulled that from has no specified source other than "the internet". Also like a relative burn rate chart the actual burn rate (and sensitivity) will vary some by what cartridge it is used in.

There is a thread here that lists a sensitivity just under half of that for H50BMG, but out of a .375 CT

Reactions: Theoverwatch