• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H59 Reticle

abn_surfer

Vaya con Dios
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2009
    Coastal South-East
    OK, so I am an FNG, Noob, whatever. I am willing to admit that as well as the fact that I have a ton to learn about the long-range game, especially if I ever hope to compete. So, I got a great deal on a rifle set that came with a Vortex Razor Genii with an H59 reticle. The glass is clear and the knobs are "tactile" however, I don't understand what the markings mean within the reticle. I watched the video that suggested, which was more of a promo for the optic than anything else. Can someone please share some information on how to utilize this reticle to its full potential?

Last edited:
    I get what he's saying, it just seems like an awful lot going on.

I'm not sure you would be able to process all of that info while on the clock, it's pretty busy.

Scroll down to where it talks about the reticle. Like around page 8 or so

I’ve used the H59 as well, still have 1. The Horus reticle are easy to use but really busy. I think they are good for beginners but i guarantee you will move away from them if you stay in this game.
    hit me up with any specifics.
    Thank you for sharing this resource. I decided to sell this scope, do some research and ask questions to the masters and find an optic that is one that I understand and can grow into. I am looking at a more traditional "crosshair" style reticle. The front runner is the NF Mil-C or the Athlon APRS6. Let me know what you think, or suggest.

Thank you for sharing this resource. I decided to sell this scope, do some research and ask questions to the masters and find an optic that is one that I understand and can grow into. I am looking at a more traditional "crosshair" style reticle. The front runner is the NF Mil-C or the Athlon APRS6. Let me know what you think, or suggest.
    The mil - c is one of my top 3 favorite. Skmr 3 or 4 or msr 1 or 2 are the others.

I get what he's saying, it just seems like an awful lot going on.

I'm not sure you would be able to process all of that info while on the clock, it's pretty busy.
    after a while, my brain learned to ignore it or fade it into the background until i am using it.

after a while, my brain learned to ignore it or fade it into the background until i am using it.
    I would imagine that would be the case.

As someone who is just jumping into this, that thing would be way too much sensory overload.

My first match is in two weeks and my head is already spinning, I doubt it would help me out.

Maybe in a few years!

I would imagine that would be the case.

As someone who is just jumping into this, that thing would be way too much sensory overload.

My first match is in two weeks and my head is already spinning, I doubt it would help me out.

Maybe in a few years!
    it won't take that long, although that's jmo.
    our brains are trained to pick out what is different. we have natural filters for what is always there.
    when starting out, your brain is going to focus on the reticle, regardless of what kind (but there is more to look at with the h59).
    with enough time (not years) your brain will realize the reticle is always there and put it in the background.

our brains are trained to pick out what is different. we have natural filters for what is always there.
    when starting out, your brain is going to focus on the reticle, regardless of what kind (but there is more to look at with the h59).
    with enough time (not years) your brain will realize the reticle is always there and put it in the background.
    Agree.
    The only time I see all that other stuff is when I'm spotting for someone.
    Otherwise, I see a dot in the middle and some fuzzy lines around them.
    The dot always stands out more than anything else.

Reactions: theLBC
    Natural filters or not the wind dots still can obscure a faint impact which is why the H59 and H25 are totally usable for me but I avoid the tremor’s

Natural filters or not the wind dots still can obscure a faint impact which is why the H59 and H25 are totally usable for me but I avoid the tremor’s
    right on. i only have the h59, but that video is not too bad to cover the basics of the grid reticle.

Last edited:
    right on. i only have the h59, but that video not too bad to cover the basics of the grid reticle.
    I have an H25 scope and I like that reticle.
    It’s fast and effective even at lower power.
    Perfect for the use my 260 currently sees.

I find H59 very useful for holdovers specially in no dial stages. The half mil dot is a big plus for quicker shots. Once you know what to look for, this reticle is not busy at all.

Reactions: RichMangus