• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ? H59 / Tremor / G2 ?

Individual1

i1
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2012
Panama City, FL
For a guy who knows no other reticles and is getting into 308+ caliber long range/precision.. What would be the reticle for me and why?

Last edited:
I think the G2 is the best compromise. I think the H59 is Horus' best attempt so far, but it's still too damned busy at higher magnification. The Tremor hurts my brain, so the G2 is the best balanced approach in my opinion.

I like the H59, its busy but has everything i need, ie. more windage (4mils) for south Texas wind out to 1000yrds. The G2 only has 1.5mil windage after that its a guessing game or dial it in.

Lots of folks don't like the Horus reticles. Personally, I really like the H59. I like the floating dot as the primary aiming point, and I like the 0.2mil windage reference points. I don't find it too "busy" at all. mpacts are easily seen and misses quickly adjusted for.

I have no use for the Tremor reticle.

Last edited:
I was leaning towards the H59, but after talking to my CAPRC buddies they all had the same consensus that G2 was the way to go (for speed in competition without being too busy). Long Arm has a point though about the wind. I just pulled the trigger on the G2, now I play the waiting game :(

I have a G2 and love it but think I will try out a tremor 2 to see how it works in regards to having a wind formula built into the reticle itself. It sounds like a great idea and I am willing to give it a shot. The G 2 is great though and for a bread and butter reticle it is hard to beat.