• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Had a Compliance Inspection Today

jacq220

Sergeant
Minuteman
Overall it wasnt too bad, 2.5 hours and a million questions. ended up w/ one small infraction because i didnt sign a 4473 i did last week.

definatly a shock and i was pretty nervous the whole time, but i came out of it pretty unscathed w/ a license still intact.

Re: Had a Compliance Inspection Today

A lot of FFL's are getting a lot scrutiny these days with all the bad press in the news media right now.

Be glad it was 2.5 hours and not a full week. Every single firearm and records going way back seem to be the norm these days. Still a professional bunch but, a few bad apples are making it bad for everyone.

"they" can give machine guns to the cartel but "you" need to be watched.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"they" can give machine guns to the cartel but "you" need to be watched.....</div></div>

This.

Where is a damn "like" or "+1" button when you need one?

If it weren't for the good govt officials we wouldn't be here. With that said I believe there are less and less at all times trying to steal freedom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny no one's "inspecting" the ATF
The Fox watching the hen house </div></div>

You mean like Eric Holder?
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny no one's "inspecting" the ATF
The Fox watching the hen house </div></div>

You mean like Eric Holder?
confused.gif
</div></div>

ought-oh....you're on the list. lol!

That first time is nerve racking for everyone who holds an FFL of any kind, even if you know you have everything correct. The inspectors that did my first one were very helpful and professional. We view them as the bad guys, but the truth is, if they don't help you keep your license, they don't have jobs to do. That was explained to me by the agent that came to my shop. They like to eat to, so believe me, it's in their best interest to be helpful. Even so, it's just another reason I'm glad to not be in the business anymore.

Even C&R holders are getting tagged at a higher rate...so it is perceived based on the reports I'm getting.