• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Had a horrible day but it got better

Mike0341

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2012
Houston Texas
To start off i decided to go shooting pistols with my wife and my mom since my mom wants to practice before she takes her CHL. We decided to go to the outdoor range instead of the indoor range and then i decided to see how my wife liked the rifle so she can give me the green light to build one for her (she did by the way).

anyway i shot the first round to check my 0 and i was 3 inches low at the 100 yard line. i was shooting the same 168gr federal smk load that i typically buy, my scope mount is a US Optics mount and they claim its bullet proof practically and will hold zero, i don't knock my rifle around and it sits in my safe when not being used.

well anyway after that first initial surprise (I've never had that happen before) i figured maybe i messed with my scopes dope at some point just screwing around and i just looked at the target and did the clicks needed and hit the bullseye.

the fun came when it was my wires turn to shoot. she has never shot my rifle or anything larger than a 22. her first shot she hit just to the right of the bulseye and she couldn't have been happier. i got behind the rifle and looked at the target and made her clicks for her and then shot. my round went a bit to the left but i knew hers would hit the target as intended so i was happy.

all in all she thinks she can shoot better than me now lol

also me versa-pod came in so I'm definitely happier
wink.gif

not too fond of how the paint came out but I'm also not fond on painting things that small (the legs are pretty skinny). i didn't feel like painting the mount so i left it black. i also tried to pain the other 2 pairs of legs separate and they look retarded so i will not be posting pics of those. you guys can see those at the range when I'm there lmao
578649_10151021230473354_764552909_n.jpg

406231_10151021228058354_1907567532_n.jpg

when i go to ASC at the end of the month I'm only bringing 30-50 rounds for the bolt gun so my wife can try her hand at 300. hopefully it was just me screwing with my scope at some point that messed my dope up. i got to stop doing that LMAO

Re: Had a horrible day but it got better

Bro, sounds like a great time for your mother, wife and yourself. Especially your wife.

The paint looks fine to me. I personally can't see a problem from the pics that you have posted.

My daughter is just starting out and she is a lil' shooter. I think it has to do with their ability to be a bit more patient and they are a bit more sensitive in the hands. JMO for what its worth.

Re: Had a horrible day but it got better

thanks. one of these days ill start using different patterns and trying other things out.

yea my wife hated guns when we met. i bought her a pistol (XD Sub Compact 40) and she loved it. to get her started on rifles i got a 22 and threw a scope on it for her. now she wants something bigger so I'm most likely going to go the budget route and do a stevens build in 223 and then if that comes out well then do another budget build for myself in 300 win mag lol.