• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

had a showdown with a apache gunship

marduk185

take my karma boom
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
tantric thrust
howdy folks, marduk here with a real legal conondrum,
with all the questioning about law enforcements recent public debacles under scrutiny maybe we should also question these government helicopters intruding on public property as well.
had a presumably army apache hovering menacingly over me pond one night at like 0300 woke me and i ran out me front porch with me rifle pointing up at the blindingly bright light thinking the war of the worlds must be starting and i was gonna let e.t. have some lead lunch until i realized the sound of rotors.
i know this trespasser was in my airspace and i know he saw me rack to the point because as soon as i did his lights went black and the chopper veered hard over the neighbors field in a flash and with a roar, where he met another and they hovered for 20 minutes before slowly rolling on.
my question is 1) why would they do this and do they need a warrant? and 2) would i be at fault if a mutual exchange of fire had happened and a downed bird was in me pond? i mean it was my property and he definately didnt show a warrant or announce his identity or intent.
i seriously think my soveriegnty was violated and my family's safety threatened and i didnt think military was supposed to patrol residentially.
any thoughts?

Re: had a showdown with a apache gunship

Making merry with unintended libations due to extra strong beverage today?

That would have been a most excellent time to test a theory I have.

I believe in a straight up fight between an Apache and a quad 50, with both shooters having substantial skills on their chosen weapons, the Quad would prevail. Might be a draw to the death, but so be it.

My words would be,....Do ya feel lucky punk,...well do ya?

Apache Jock-----> but,... I's got's to know,...

First, you don't own the airspace above your house. I can take my helicopter and legally hover 2 inches above your land. The only gripe you could have about that is undue noise and if your local agency didn't have any statute that covered that, you'd be SOL.

Second, if there was "mutual" exchange between you and an Apache, it wouldn't be the Apache down in your pond.

Third, and I mean this without sarcasm. Talk to somebody about these things, like a doctor.

My memory is foggy, but I seem to recall a couple years ago there was a story about an old man who was woken up in the middle of the night (in the UK maybe?) in a similar fashion, because helicopters were apparantly doing a "training excercies" above his property which was a big field of farm or something. He flashed a flashlight up to see what in the hell it was.

Hours later he was met by all kinds of troops/police what have you and charged with whatever the (I asume terrorism) charge goes along with attempting to down the helicopter and incapacitate the pilot, since he pointed the light into the air to see what all the thuderous noise on his private property was.

I believe they dropped all charges once it went public though.

SOunds like the same thing I had in OEF VII. We had a 'large group' of Local Nationals at the front gate and I was up in the main tower observing and reporting. One of those big bad asses came up, hovered for a few, then turned and came slowly toward us. I took his picture, then smiled and pointed my Ma Duece at him for kicks. I wish I was fast enough to get the photo of the gunner giving me the finger and smile

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, you don't own the airspace above your house. I can take my helicopter and legally hover 2 inches above your land. The only gripe you could have about that is undue noise and if your local agency didn't have any statute that covered that, you'd be SOL.

Second, if there was "mutual" exchange between you and an Apache, it wouldn't be the Apache down in your pond.

Third, and I mean this without sarcasm. Talk to somebody about these things, like a doctor.</div></div>

The FUCK if he doesn't own the air space! In most states as a matter of fact the definition of real property extends downward from the property lines and upward into space. Depending on where he lives he may indeed "own" the airspace but not have control over it due to local and state statutes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, you don't own the airspace above your house. I can take my helicopter and legally hover 2 inches above your land. The only gripe you could have about that is undue noise and if your local agency didn't have any statute that covered that, you'd be SOL.

Third, and I mean this without sarcasm. Talk to somebody about these things, like a doctor.</div></div>

The FUCK if he doesn't own the air space! In most states as a matter of fact the definition of real property extends downward from the property lines and upward into space. Depending on where he lives he may indeed "own" the airspace but not have control over it due to local and state statutes. </div></div>

Correct. This is what allows a property owner dig a basement and build above ground level.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, you don't own the airspace above your house. I can take my helicopter and legally hover 2 inches above your land. The only gripe you could have about that is undue noise and if your local agency didn't have any statute that covered that, you'd be SOL.

The FUCK if he doesn't own the air space! In most states as a matter of fact the definition of real property extends downward from the property lines and upward into space. Depending on where he lives he may indeed "own" the airspace but not have control over it due to local and state statutes. </div></div>

Call it what you want. Air rights from Wikipedia

Don't get all emotional on me and start cussing lol. If you disagree, articulate yourself. You may just be right and I just may agree. Cussing at somebody in an argument or debate will usually just cause them not to listen because they too will become emotional.

Anyways, look at the first line of the link. The FAA has sole authority to control all airspace. Sounds to me like I don't own the airspace above my house. I can build structures on my land, so in a sense, the airspace above my property is usable by me, but anything that is actually air, above my property is controlled by the government.

The only reason that I know anything about this topic is because I did a little research on landing helicopters outside of airports. The topic is quite interesting.

Check the FAR/AIM and you will find many rules which do not allow you to hover your aircraft on someones property. Loss of you aircraft license and possible fine may occur. However, there are a lot of laws about shooting at aircraft too (don't do it).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check the FAR/AIM and you will find many rules which do not allow you to hover your aircraft on someones property. Loss of you aircraft license and possible fine may occur. However, there are a lot of laws about shooting at aircraft too (don't do it). </div></div>

Yes indeed. I'm just doing this from memory so don't quote me. The FAA mandates that a pilot stay a certain distance from highly populated events, ie sporting events. They also state that you cannot be within 500 feet, I believe, of a man-made structure.

My house is on 14 acres, so a helicopter could hover 1/2 inch off of my land if it was 500 feet away from my structures and was not causing a hazard.

There are a bunch of land owners that go round 'n round with the FAA because they have had this done to them. The FAA (surprisingly) has advised these people that there is nothing wrong with that. There are a number of complaints made my Sheriff's Offices over these flight practices as well, also, to no avail.

So in an urban area, I can hover 500 feet over somebody's house all day long and I would not be trespassing. I would be a nuisance, but that would be about it. 500 feet is insanely low for civilian practices (in urban areas).

Local laws can be more definitive and attempt to regulate these low level practices by going after the sound caused by aircraft.

I remember searching this topic a while ago and some guy was, out-of-his-mind-pissed-off because his neighbor would land a helicopter at his house every day. I would have thought that safety would be a concern but the FAA sided with the pilot.

I am absolutely fascinated by this topic and I don't know why. I'd like to hear what people have to say on this.

If a dude made a habit of hovering around my AO, I would build a cannon and shoot him down with a frozen Canada goose.
It would look like a bird strike to the investigator and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If a dude made a habit of hovering around my AO, I would build a cannon and shoot him down with a frozen Canada goose.
It would look like a bird strike to the investigator and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

LMFAO...that is pretty funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If a dude made a habit of hovering around my AO, I would build a cannon and shoot him down with a frozen Canada goose.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

LOL!

NTSB Investigator: How'd a Canadian Goose, whose closest flight path is 1000 miles west of here, get stuck in this guys turbine?

Landowner: Beats me!

NTSB Investigator: (Looks at the 1000mm cannon on the porch with feathers lined inside of it)

Landowner: Ahh. Those are from my feather bore punch....really gets that carbon out. (smiles)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check the FAR/AIM and you will find many rules which do not allow you to hover your aircraft on someones property. Loss of you aircraft license and possible fine may occur. However, there are a lot of laws about shooting at aircraft too (don't do it). </div></div>

Yes indeed. I'm just doing this from memory so don't quote me. The FAA mandates that a pilot stay a certain distance from highly populated events, ie sporting events. They also state that you cannot be within 500 feet, I believe, of a man-made structure.

My house is on 14 acres, so a helicopter could hover 1/2 inch off of my land if it was 500 feet away from my structures and was not causing a hazard.

There are a bunch of land owners that go round 'n round with the FAA because they have had this done to them. The FAA (surprisingly) has advised these people that there is nothing wrong with that. There are a number of complaints made my Sheriff's Offices over these flight practices as well, also, to no avail.

So in an urban area, I can hover 500 feet over somebody's house all day long and I would not be trespassing. I would be a nuisance, but that would be about it. 500 feet is insanely low for civilian practices (in urban areas).

Local laws can be more definitive and attempt to regulate these low level practices by going after the sound caused by aircraft.

I remember searching this topic a while ago and some guy was, out-of-his-mind-pissed-off because his neighbor would land a helicopter at his house every day. I would have thought that safety would be a concern but the FAA sided with the pilot.

I am absolutely fascinated by this topic and I don't know why. I'd like to hear what people have to say on this. </div></div>

That is pretty much it. Unless restricted by local ordnance and unless the aircraft is endangering people on the ground. Pretty much anything goes. Remember all the Hollywood star chasing that was going on a couple years ago by helicopters. Until local laws were passed. Helicopter paparazzi are still common outside LA/Hollywood wherever its not specifically restricted by local law.

At one time there were 14 helicopters buzzing around the Michael Jackson neverland ranch over some stupid event. Nothing he could do and he had lots of lawyers trying to prevent it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At one time there were 14 helicopters buzzing around the Michael Jackson neverland ranch over some stupid event. Nothing he could do and he had lots of lawyers trying to prevent it. </div></div>

That's because he could not think out of the box. Many ways to shew unwanted birds away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can take my helicopter and legally hover 2 inches above your land. The only gripe you could have about that is undue noise and if your local agency didn't have any statute that covered that, you'd be SOL.</div></div>

Don't recall the minimum AGL, but local air bases have specific restrictions. If caught, someone else's name would be painted on your salad shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can take my helicopter and legally hover 2 inches above your land. The only gripe you could have about that is undue noise and if your local agency didn't have any statute that covered that, you'd be SOL.</div></div>

Don't recall the minimum AGL, but local air bases have specific restrictions. If caught, someone else's name would be painted on your salad shooter. </div></div>

Ahhhhh Okay. That would suck. Also, somebody once told me that there are certain restrictions (for military aircraft) in national and state parks. Is that true? ...and if so, what are the restrictions?

thanks for the input about the flying on me property part but i think a bit of the question is missed. the pilot/gunner pointed a mega lethal weapon at my house and family. not to mention that the floodlight pointing at me made it super hard to identify this imposing hovering trespasser.
a hotter headed or scareder cat may have went max elevate aerial gunnerry and then been liable for death damage and or some sort of domestic terrorist act trumped up to deal with what basically is a uninvited military exercise being conducted on private airspace perpetrated against a sleepy old gunlover very accustomed to shooting chicken thieving coons at night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> thanks for the input about the flying on me property part but i think a bit of the question is missed. the pilot/gunner pointed a mega lethal weapon at my house and family. not to mention that the floodlight pointing at me made it super hard to identify this imposing hovering trespasser.
a hotter headed or scareder cat may have went max elevate aerial gunnerry and then been liable for death damage and or some sort of domestic terrorist act trumped up to deal with what basically is a uninvited military exercise being conducted on private airspace perpetrated against a sleepy old gunlover very accustomed to shooting chicken thieving coons at night. </div></div>

I hear ya marduk... Now that definitely seems to be a valid concern. I guess my best recommendation would be to call the CO of the closest airbase and have a discussion with him.

This reminds me of a funny story. I don't know if it's true or not but I seriously hope it is. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------
Two California Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on I-15, just north of the Marine Corps Air Station at Miramar. One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching the crest of a hill.

The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and then it turned off and could not be turned on.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near the location.

Back at the CHP Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the USMC Base Commander.

The reply came back in true USMC style:

"Thank you for your letter. We can now complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked on to, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down.

"Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment location. Fortunately, the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched to destroy the hostile radar position.

"The pilot also suggests you cover your mouths when cussing at them, since the video systems on these jets are very high tech. Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose. Also, the snap is broken on his holster.

"Thank you for your concern.

"Semper Fi."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, you don't own the airspace above your house. I can take my helicopter and legally hover 2 inches above your land. The only gripe you could have about that is undue noise and if your local agency didn't have any statute that covered that, you'd be SOL.

Call it what you want. Air rights from Wikipedia

Don't get all emotional on me and start cussing lol. If you disagree, articulate yourself. You may just be right and I just may agree. Cussing at somebody in an argument or debate will usually just cause them not to listen because they too will become emotional.

Anyways, look at the first line of the link. The FAA has sole authority to control all airspace. Sounds to me like I don't own the airspace above my house. I can build structures on my land, so in a sense, the airspace above my property is usable by me, but anything that is actually air, above my property is controlled by the government.

The only reason that I know anything about this topic is because I did a little research on landing helicopters outside of airports. The topic is quite interesting. </div></div>

Sorry Bowman, I sometimes forget that one cannot sense tone of voice via the internet. It was not intended to be directed at you personally rather a form of exclamation without malice. It seems like one of those things where you technically own it but technically don't because the "man" has laid claim for their own uses.

I distinctly remember seeing a intl' training exercise over my land in NW washington. Kinda cool seeing a ass-ton of fighters flying over top of my land doing mock aerial dog fights.

That was until some dipshit cock-jocky decided to do a fly-by on my house. I really loved getting pelted with bits of gravel and debris while i walked to my mailbox...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sorry Bowman, I sometimes forget that one cannot sense tone of voice via the internet. It was not intended to be directed at you personally rather a form of exclamation without malice. It seems like one of those things where you technically own it but technically don't because the "man" has laid claim for their own uses. </div></div>

Ahhh no worries man! I guess I'm hypersensitive to the detection of mal-intended remarks. Either way I wasn't offended but I really do appreciate the clarification.

As for the second part, exactly!

You do not own the airspace in the U.S. Fact. If not, why doesn't everyone that has a FAA certifed route running above the "ground" get to collect a FEE? How far would this go up? Would it include anything in orbit? So far as owning everything below ground, wrong, you don't. You would need to examine mining laws, in many locations is you are "on a vein" of ore you are allowed to follow that vein, even on to others property. Before you start to yell, check it out.
See FAA Regs, Mining laws of 1872, apex act. Finally, I must add if a helicopter or any other AC damaged your property with rotor wash, etc. to include scaring animals into panic where they died or were hurt, you in fact have a civil claim, I know the Army paid these all the time. But you don't have a right to shoot the AC, just because it is above you prop. in Govt. owned Airspace-that would be murder, or at the very least, a very, very expensive bullet hole to pay for, and hard to do while your in Federal Prison-all acts against AC in the US will be investigated by the FBI, and prosecuted by the Fed Atty. ooooops.

When I was a teenager we used to do quite a bit of street racing. There was a 1/4 mile marked off on a road a few miles from my house out in the middle on nowhere. This strip was on Military Rd. and sat on the back side of Fort Lewis. I had changed some things on my car and wanted to go make a test run. I lined up on the start line and my car was suddenly illuminated by a bright light in the sky. Looking out my buddy and I saw a Cobra hovering off to the side in front of us. The pilot swung it around along side of my car and rocked it back and forth a bit then flashed his light. My buddy said, "He wants to race". I proceeded to take off and he followed suit. My car was pretty quick but that Cobra took me. The pilot spun around at the end, flashed his spotlight and took off. It was a really cool experience and I'm just glad my buddy was with me because nobody would have believed it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was a teenager we used to do quite a bit of street racing. There was a 1/4 mile marked off on a road a few miles from my house out in the middle on nowhere. This strip was on Military Rd. and sat on the back side of Fort Lewis. I had changed some things on my car and wanted to go make a test run. I lined up on the start line and my car was suddenly illuminated by a bright light in the sky. Looking out my buddy and I saw a Cobra hovering off to the side in front of us. The pilot swung it around along side of my car and rocked it back and forth a bit then flashed his light. My buddy said, "He wants to race". I proceeded to take off and he followed suit. My car was pretty quick but that Cobra took me. The pilot spun around at the end, flashed his spotlight and took off. It was a really cool experience and I'm just glad my buddy was with me because nobody would have believed it! </div></div>

ok now that is a cool story

marduk185,
We were working a tip. Didn't pan out.
Sorry for the disruption.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">marduk185,
We were working a tip. Didn't pan out.
Sorry for the disruption.</div></div>

lol...I'm just glad he didn't recognize us Tuck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would have been a most excellent time to test a theory I have.

I believe in a straight up fight between an Apache and a quad 50, with both shooters having substantial skills on their chosen weapons, the Quad would prevail. Might be a draw to the death, but so be it.

Apache Jock-----> but,... I's got's to know,... </div></div>

At what range? I give the upper hand to the Apache, but I'm sure noones walking away unscathed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">howdy folks, marduk here with a real legal conondrum,
with all the questioning about law enforcements recent public debacles under scrutiny maybe we should also question these government helicopters intruding on public property as well.
had a presumably army apache hovering menacingly over me pond one night at like 0300 woke me and i ran out me front porch with me rifle pointing up at the blindingly bright light thinking the war of the worlds must be starting and i was gonna let e.t. have some lead lunch until i realized the sound of rotors.
i know this trespasser was in my airspace and i know he saw me rack to the point because as soon as i did his lights went black and the chopper veered hard over the neighbors field in a flash and with a roar, where he met another and they hovered for 20 minutes before slowly rolling on.
my question is 1) why would they do this and do they need a warrant? and 2) would i be at fault if a mutual exchange of fire had happened and a downed bird was in me pond? i mean it was my property and he definately didnt show a warrant or announce his identity or intent.
i seriously think my soveriegnty was violated and my family's safety threatened and i didnt think military was supposed to patrol residentially.
any thoughts? </div></div>

There wouldn't been much of an exchange of fire! Your rifle wouldn't have done shit to that bird! If he was weapons armed you would be done in a second or two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would have been a most excellent time to test a theory I have.

Apache Jock-----> but,... I's got's to know,... </div></div>

At what range? I give the upper hand to the Apache, but I'm sure noones walking away unscathed. </div></div>

0-2000yds

Long ago an far away, Mig 17's were using high dirt that was out of bound's to run/hide from F-105's (thud). The nice thing about Russian pilots, back then they believed if it worked twice it was GTG. The setting up of a gun truck an busting lone birds got a lot of cheap mileage. M35a1 Gun trucks are easy to hide.
smirk.gif

This is not the truck, but it's about same/same w/o the art and all the ammo stacked up, plus the larger ammo feed box's.
afv35034NancyGT.jpg

edit to add, that art was in Vietnam on a G/T,... there are photos of the truck and some crew on the net somewhere.

The chances of a gunship being armed outside off the mil res is close to zero-not training in your yard. Tubes yes, guns, maybe, ammo no!

Look, just phone the nearest Army base Public Information Officer and complain about annoying behavior on your private property.

If I were you, I'd seriously omit any references to your pointing firearms at an aircraft, any aircraft. Discharging a firearm at an arcraft has been a Federal offense for decades; and with the current DHS mindset, even pointing one might qualify your for a trip to a small room and a lot of hostile dialogue.

If this had happened to me, I'd be chalking it up to profit and loss; and mildly rejoicing at the fact that it was an American helicopter, and not a Russian one. Fact is, damned few people get an opportunity to see an AH-64 in action, up close and personal.

You were lucky an <span style="font-style: italic">soooo</span> many ways. Do you really think those folks had your displeasure foremost in their intentions? Let it go before somebody with some real clout starts taking you too seriously.

I realize there an element of tresspass involved, and I'm also a big fan of the castle mindset. But I also like to make real sure somebody's actually intending harm before I get myself all wound up to retalliate.

Found her,
blurry but,

NancyGT2.jpg

Was that picture taken in I Corps, West of Camp Carroll sometime in 1967? If so, I might have been along on that first convoy into Khe Sanh. 11th Engrs riding along with 9th MT as convoy security. Volunteers round trip, one time only. Don't know who provided the quad, though. I think there was/were a (couple of) Army Duster 40('s) along too.

Heck, I saw headline and thought " Oh boy been awhile since I saw a vehicle blown to shit by an Apache" Then read and thought WTF?

This should be title "I saw an Apache"

Seriously

Op, I really hope this is a joke, because if it isnt, you just admitted to committing a felony, and maybe even an act of terrorism.

I was in a cow camp in nw Nv, a couple years ago. One morning when we were trotting out in the bottom of a long valley, their were two f16s flying. They spotted us, and would go out till you almost couldnt see them, then come at us from different positions, flying downward toward us. I was guessing they would "fire" on us, pull back up, take off, then come back and do it all over again. It was actually pretty cool.

Here in San Diego we have had some pretty nasty fires (putting it mildly) and have water tanker helo's that regularly "dip" into home pools for water. Some people complained about having their pool drained by the helo's and no compensation for refilling it. Water bill can be several hundred bucks to refill out here where everything is expensive. Long story short, the people lost and the helo's won. I think of it like the protection of someone giving CPR. Common good kinda' thing. I figure if they have a good excuse it would not bother me.

This is the most ridiculous thread I've read in a while.
1) you don't "own your airspace as long as the helicopter is at at least 500 ft from buildings and not posing a safety risk it was breaking no laws. I'm guessing you live in class G airspace. Reference FAR/AIM
2) the chance of that helicopter being armed are nil
3) not every time a helicopter flies over your house is it up to bad intentions. Do you live near a base? Along a MTR (military training route)? do you have some thing really cool to look at nearby? Do you have a really hot and or loose daughter who dates pilots? All these are more likely than the Army spying on you believe me we're busy and have better things to do than worry about some random dude.
4)If you REALLY feel you have a complaint call the nearest public affairs office at a bease that has apaches and file a complaint (google is your friend)
5) you should relax chalk it up to what it probably was two pilots out having a little fun while training to protect you and your freedoms. I'll gladly get buzzed every night by American pilots as opposed to the alternative.

Also i forgot let's say"if" the apache was armed and you decided to fire on it. You would lose...spectacularly. Their armor is quite good, their weapons are just a tad bit better than yours, and if they wanted to kill you you wouldn't even see it coming. 650RPM of 30mm HEDP is quite destructive. Now can we switch the channel back to shooting? The conspiracy channel is boring me.

Greg,

Don't know, V/N was not my A/O. I was west one line. Seen photos of that 35(Nancy)back when, and always remembered her art. Years ago when I got p-uter'ized, I was surfing and had found her, plus lots of other war art. Like this one. The sister to this one was transported to us, but we had to hide her well, so no art. We put a saying on the generator fuel tank that was Out-Standing, and only known to those that operated her. It's used like a challenge coin, but never reveled outside the circle.
M35guntruckHAUGH1.jpg

Art would always draw my eye as sometimes the longer you looked the more detail and funny stuff you'ed see.

If I had the land I would set up a remote trap launcher on a far hill and tell them I like to shoot trap with my 50 . . . or at least try and shoot them.

wink.gif

damn bro your lucky, I say that cause apparently the LE/Gubment side coulda saw your rifle and rittled your entire property with 30 mike mike and hellfires wiping your entire family off the map just cause they shit their pants in the receiving end of a gun. thank your lucky stars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Greg,

Don't know, V/N was not my A/O. I was west one line. Seen photos of that 35(Nancy)back when, and always remembered her art. Years ago when I got p-uter'ized, I was surfing and had found her, plus lots of other war art. Like this one. The sister to this one was transported to us, but we had to hide her well, so no art. We put a saying on the generator fuel tank that was Out-Standing, and only known to those that operated her. It's used like a challenge coin, but never reveled outside the circle.
M35guntruckHAUGH1.jpg

Art would always draw my eye as sometimes the longer you looked the more detail and funny stuff you'ed see.</div></div>

whats that guy doin on the front far right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daps!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the most ridiculous thread I've read in a while.
</div></div>

This is typical fare for the original poster. I'm not surprised one bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know he saw me rack to the point because as soon as i did his lights went black and the chopper veered hard over the neighbors field in a flash and with a roar </div></div>

you must have scared him off...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats that guy doin on the front far right? </div></div>
There's three trucks there,
The two in the far truck, are looking at a map.
The ctr truck w/the quad, the far right guy is drinking from a canteen cup.
The truck closest, the right guy is eating, and the other guy is thinking, WTF am I doing here,... like everyone else did at some point in time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats that guy doin on the front far right? </div></div>
There's three trucks there,
The two in the far truck, are looking at a map.
The ctr truck w/the quad, the far right guy is drinking from a canteen cup.
The truck closest, the right guy is eating, and the other guy is thinking, WTF am I doing here,... like everyone else did at some point in time. </div></div>

oh cause it looks to me like he's giving the international blowjob signal