• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Had a zero stop screw come loose...

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Hey guys,
    I have a minor issue. I was at the range the weekend and dialed from 100 yards to 300 yards and when I dialed back the cap stopped in another spot. A few test dials showed it to be increasingly erratic its return point. I though maybe the outer cap had come loose so I checked it and it was tight. Took it off and loosened the zero stop screws and only found 2 of the 3. Pulled the ring off and the missing screw was on its side under the stop ring. I inspected all the threads with a loop, determined all was well, reinstalled them, reset the scope to the middle of its travel and reattached (temporarily until I can re zero), and all seems well but... Anything else I should do? I have reached out to the manufacturer for more advice but wanted to ask the gurus in the meantime. Thank ya'll for the help!

P.S. It is entirely possible I didn't snug the little screws tight enough. Strip a zero stop screw and you tend to get a bit gun shy. HA! sorry...