• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Halloween Ends

Maser

Trump 2024
Minuteman
  • May 17, 2006
    /pol/
    www.youtube.com
    So the deplorable Maser household finally got around to watching the new Halloween movie tonight and despite what some critics have said, I think it's a decent movie. I mean it's a fucking slasher movie, so it's not like it has to be good to be good. I understand why it's gotten hate and I won't say why due to spoiling. This is another one of those cases where you should just give movie critics the middle finger and watch it for yourself. One of the death scenes made my wife have to cover her eyes, so this movie is a winner in my book. :)

I watched last night. Thought it was entertaining as always. Ya have to know going in that it's gonna be a little cheesy and its just for fun. Don't take these movies to seriously.

Cutting torch scene was awesome. I liked it. Trying to get through terrified but it's just not enjoyable to watch. I'll manage to get through it and probably the second one. Second one is suposed to make people puke or somthing. So that should be interesting.

I’m one of the few that can say I’ve never watched any of the Halloween movies. None. Not even the first one with Jamie Lee Curtis.
    Thought I might be the only one. I've never seen any of the "classics." Never seen any of the Halloween movies, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
    Cutting torch scene was awesome. I liked it. Trying to get through terrified but it's just not enjoyable to watch. I'll manage to get through it and probably the second one. Second one is suposed to make people puke or somthing. So that should be interesting.
    Terrifier?

Looks dumb honestly and I like gore movies

Reactions: BCP
    Art the clownwalk around with a bag full of sharp stuff. Has a cool flail made out of scalpals though. I guess the second one is pretty bloody.

I cant watch for more than five minutes, boring same old shit served on a different plate.

Art the clownwalk around with a bag full of sharp stuff. Has a cool flail made out of scalpals though. I guess the second one is pretty bloody.
    Trailer looks like a college kids final exam for film class.

I have to admit, I have seen Nightmare on Elm Street. I took a date to it. 😁

The Nightmare On Elm Street movies can get a bit annoying because more times than not, you can't tell whether or not it's the real world or the dream world. See, these types of movies are the types that at least for me should not require a thought process. Same thing with the Hellraiser movies. But then again let's face it, we watch Nightmare On Elm Street movies because of Freddy. I'm normally not a fan of comic relief in slasher movies, but Freddy gets a pass. :)

I liked the first one, the first Nightmare on Elm Street was cool too.

My favorites are the goofy old Vincent Price horror movies and the bizarre Italian flicks that used to be on the late night channels back when everyone had an antenna.
    My stepdad and I watched the Dr. Phibes movies when I was a kid.

I normally don't care for horror movies, but those were pretty cool.

I am sorry. I thought it was awful. 2018 was a great slasher movie with some faults but overall was a fun addition to the Michael Myers lore. kills was a huge step in the wrong direction. No build up or suspense to any of it, just one kill after another. The opening was solid though. Ends is just abhorrent in almost every way. It’s not a Halloween movie because Michael is barely in it and when he does get to make his presence felt, it’s a joke. The way he goes out is just laughable. But they certainly made it impossible for him to come back so there’s that.

Fire fighter scene was well done. After that it felt like they spent their entire budget on that scene and the rest was pretty tame.

I had to think really hard how kills even ended lol

nightmare before Christmas

and yea I know it's more of a Christmas movie with Halloween elements

But they certainly made it impossible for him to come back so there’s that.

Don't know about that. Laurie's inner monologue at the end before the credits was pretty cryptic and definitely opens the door for a sequel. These movies will ALWAYS get made because they sell. It is kind of a shame that seeing movies in the theater is becoming a thing of the past because seeing a slasher movie in a full theater is so much fun from all the reactions of everyone.