• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Ham Radio HF Link Up

Campguy308

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2018
Texas
Any interest in a HF ham radio net or round table type discussion for any of you? Say 20 or 40 meter SSB? I heard the AR15.COM net on 40 meters tonight and thought that was a cool thing. Wouldn't have to give your handle or anything, just an idea.

Last edited:
That would be cool, I'm still just a tech. I know I can pass general and extra, just don't need the excuse for radio upgrades....

I'm general class and have plenty of fun. The last radio I got was a yeasu ft891. Got it used on a Facebook group for a good price. I won't ever be selling this one.

Thanks for the info about AR15 net! Had no idea any gun folks would be HAMS. I’m up for a SH related net, don’t get to use the Flex3000 radio gear much any more, would be fun.

Thanks for the info about AR15 net! Had no idea any gun folks would be HAMS. I’m up for a SH related net, don’t get to use the Flex3000 radio gear much any more, would be fun.
Yeah there were tons of check ins. They do it on Tuesday nights on 7.213 I think it was. If we can get a couple more people interested we can setup a time to try this out.

That would be awesome. I just got a couple of cheap radios and I'm studying for my test, so all I can do is listen for now (if I even have the right equipment). I don't know what I don't know at this point

Watching. Been looking in to joining the club

All I have is a modest basic HF station, but I've been doing this for a while and will be glad to help anyone.

Last thing I’m gonna do is jump on a net call associated with ARF/the hide/anything else and broadcast my call sign. Sorry guys.

Last thing I’m gonna do is jump on a net call associated with ARF/the hide/anything else and broadcast my call sign. Sorry guys.
Understand that, wouldn't have to give your handle though. Just general discussion, on air link up kind of thing. Doesn't even have to be associated with the site.

Last edited: