• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hammer Mechanic "Gunsmith"

I would have at least used alumni-black or a sharpie and “refinished” his base for him. Cheap ass gunsmiths nowadays only half ass shit

I would have used wood or delrin between the base and the hammer and it was being smacked on...but that's just me.

Reactions: Baron23
Wow.

So he didn't know you can get standard height see through rings, and a chin-weld was his solution?

He's not that bright on a few levels.

Wow...just wow. And I'm a moron with a tool in my hand but even I wouldn't have done that.

Reminds me of a fire control/avionics tech at Homestead AFB at which we were flying F-4s at the time.

She told me that their first line of repair was to bang on all the black boxes with a rubber mallet to see if that returned the system to operation 😲 😲 😲

Now, in fairness, these boxes were mounted in ATR chassis where the interfacing connector is mounted on the back of the chassis and the box is slid in and when held down supposedly the connectors meet properly.....and vibration and surface oxidation made this often iffy so the rubber mallet was not entirely unreasonable.....but I wonder how much other stuff she broke doing it.

Cheers