• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hammerli Straight Pull 10/22

I would be interested in the .22 mag version

Quick change bbls with a locking collar similar to hyd couplers on a tractor, would assume tighter tolerances but wonder how well that works???

Reactions: obx22
Interesting looking rifle - WTF on that promo video?
And I really like the switch barrel concept but after several attempts never had a .22 mag rifle that worth the price of the ammo.

I have the Volq Summit .22 and love the action but not the groupings, so it's with my smith who is formulating an accurate solution. My 2024 project. Can't wait.

Saw a stainless steel summit action tapped to receive a threaded barrel shoot tiny groups at 100 yards.
Surprised as I always thought the rotary magazine scoring bullets would be detrimental to accuracy.
YMMV, happy shooting

It is an unfortunate commentary on the industry as a whole when one of the most prestigious precision firearms manufacturers in the World could have fallen from grace by such a margin. My memories of the days when I shot, handled and sold their exquisite products are still there but the motivation to buy their new offering is non existant. And your all right that promotional video would have Johann Hammerli rolling in his grave.

The fact that the name is now owned by a company mostly known for its soft air products may be a sign of future offerings and responsible for the promotional style.

Reactions: RUN8 and Islander
Like the CZ 457, European gunmakers seem to value quick change barrel systems due to their governmental laws.
Depending how well it is done I think that it can be accurate like AI guns and Terminus Zeus actions.
But for $649 MSRP, that is a tall order. I do like the adjustable LOP and easy change out comb.

Reviews starting to come out:

If you want to see the "Promo" video, good for a chuckle:

What's up with the promo video? It looked like a bad parody of the Hills Have Eyes and Mad Max.
Hammerli is a German rifle. That’s the image the Europeans have of us. They think we stack arms in the back of the classroom when we’re in grade school.

I'm not impressed with the accuracy shown in the couple of review videos that I've watched.

Reactions: obx22
I'm not impressed with the accuracy shown in the couple of review videos that I've watched.

I was not either. I didn't catch the MSRP of the rifle. In this video, he mentions that the trigger group can be swapped with any aftermarket 10/22 compatible trigger group. In addition, he says that a 20 inch match grade barrel will soon be available.

So this makes me wonder, why doesn't Hammerli with their great reputation just make the darn thing with a decent trigger group and put the match grade barrel on it to begin with.

BTW, the Garmin chronograph in the video, generated more interest for me than the rifle.

PS: A Browning T-bolt with a Ruger 10/22 magazine would really get my attention!

Like the CZ 457, European gunmakers seem to value quick change barrel systems due to their governmental laws.
Depending how well it is done I think that it can be accurate like AI guns and Terminus Zeus actions.
But for $649 MSRP, that is a tall order. I do like the adjustable LOP and easy change out comb.

Reviews starting to come out:

If you want to see the "Promo" video, good for a chuckle:

CZ 457 are not quick change barrel system.

CZ 457 are not quick change barrel system.
A system to swap a barrel with 2 grub screws and no gunsmith is quick change in my book.

I wonder if the action could be smithed to fit a shouldered barrel.

Anyways, good to have options for 2A pursuit.

Cheers

Reactions: 308pirate
A system to swap a barrel with 2 grub screws and no gunsmith is quick change in my book.

I wonder if the action could be smithed to fit a shouldered barrel.

Anyways, good to have options for 2A pursuit.

Cheers
Still not a quick change system as need to torque barrel screws for accuracy and resight in scope for changes.

Surprised as I always thought the rotary magazine scoring bullets would be detrimental to accuracy.
YMMV, happy shooting

Well, I dunno, maybe they thought about that and engineered the magazine so it wouldn't damage bullets?

Reactions: MarshallDodge
It is an unfortunate commentary on the industry as a whole when one of the most prestigious precision firearms manufacturers in the World could have fallen from grace by such a margin. My memories of the days when I shot, handled and sold their exquisite products are still there but the motivation to buy their new offering is non existant. And your all right that promotional video would have Johann Hammerli rolling in his grave.

The fact that the name is now owned by a company mostly known for its soft air products may be a sign of future offerings and responsible for the promotional style.

Unfortunate commentary on the industry? Or on a manufacturer that failed to stay relevant?

Still not a quick change system as need to torque barrel screws for accuracy and resight in scope for changes.

Well, we all shall use YOUR definition of quick change and not our own. Whatever we would do without your wisdom?

I for one am pretty interested in this. Seems like it'd be a nice plinker thats different from the normal bolt actions. Hopefully they come out with a wood version and more barrels. Honestly if I could find one in stock I might would order one now!

I'll wager this is made by Umerex for Hammerli. Umerex's last straight pull had a horrible barrel to receiver connection. I sure hope they got this one right. Would love to see a video showing barrel deflection with just a finger. I fear one will be chasing a zero with this one. I really hope I'm wrong I'll buy one. I love my Summits. Had the previous Umerex straight pull but would never hold zero as the barrel wasn't stable so I sold it.

Reactions: Big Phish
I'll wager this is made by Umerex for Hammerli. Umerex's last straight pull had a horrible barrel to receiver connection. I sure hope they got this one right. Would love to see a video showing barrel deflection with just a finger. I fear one will be chasing a zero with this one. I really hope I'm wrong I'll buy one. I love my Summits. Had the previous Umerex straight pull but would never hold zero as the barrel wasn't stable so I sold it.
I give them props for copying existing designs:
Air hose quick release fittings.
10/22 mags.
10/22 trigger assemblies.
Summit/Volquartsen toggle action.
Interesting marriage of all those, but will it actually hold zero?

That's what they think the American consumer looks like. Are they wrong? :)
Slightly, that's not what they American consumer looks like, but it's what the American consumer thinks it wants to look like. ;) "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have."

• Haha
Reactions: Big Phish
Hammerli is a German rifle. That’s the image the Europeans have of us. They think we stack arms in the back of the classroom when we’re in grade school.
Well, they're not wrong.
1706112862917.png

Interesting concept, similar to the Volquartsen Summit action but cheaper...
Always good to see more options for 22lr.

Side bar: What's up with the promo video? It looked like a bad parody of the Hills Have Eyes and Mad Max.

And we think they are a bunch of Euro weeny pussies.

It’s like that meme where the wolf is pictured over the chihuahua and the comment “What happened?”

In this case it’s a video of Germans Troops racing through France over that video and the question “What happened?”

Reactions: Longshot231
I was really excited about this rifle and price point until I read this thread and watched the reviews. I’m hoping the match barrel improves the groups

I haven't been able to find anyone selling the magazine adapters or optional barrels that were supposed to be available.
I haven’t seen any either. Maybe it’s going to take a bit for the barrels.

If the action is solid then maybe Lothar Walther, IBI, Lilja, etc.. will jump in and give it a hand.

Got my hands on one of these today.... it feels REALLY cheap....

and the bolt throw is really stiff and clunky...maybe they need to break in, but it doesnt lock into battery with fingers pressure....you need to give it a slight palm smack to lock that toggle action closed.
i finger banged one for a minute at a shop the other day. same deal. maybe it would smooth out?
lighter than i would want even for a walk around gun.