• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hand loads to replicate POI for +P carry ammo

Capri_Man

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2018
Washington
With my incoming order of Federal 124g 9mm HST +P ammo and my good fortune of picking up a few thousand SPP I'd like to load my own plinking ammo that will replicate Point of Impact without being +P. I am assuming this is not doable with 124gr projectiles, as to reach the same velocity I would most likely be in the +P pressure range? Second assumption is I would be better off with 115gr projectiles running the high end of standard velocities?

Last edited:
Personally I would load 124's, my practice is to duplicate my carry ammo and training ammo as much as possible - since I dont have the $$ to blow through thousands of HST at the range I load 147's to train with and I do a ladder to get them as accurate and close to the HSt as possible.

Reactions: Capri_Man
you can do it to match POI, for your under 25 yard practice. You have to try various loads and powders, as POI shifts all over the place depending on several variables. You can find one very close for sure. very confident. Without replicating velocity. It can be slower, which doesn't matter at all at short range, within reason, of course.

Reactions: Capri_Man
Personally I would load 124's, my practice is to duplicate my carry ammo and training ammo as much as possible - since I dont have the $$ to blow through thousands of HST at the range I load 147's to train with and I do a ladder to get them as accurate and close to the HSt as possible.
I take it you carry 147gr HST and that why you load 147's to train with?