• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Handful of the ever hard to get RRS TFCT-34 with ARC Anvil back in stock!

Thermal Optics Plus

Supporter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2021
Tennessee
thermalopticsplus.com
We got a few of this particular model in this morning that are not spoken for, the RRS inventory is live so if you can purchase it then it will ship out immediately and if we run out then it will say out of stock and the website will not let your purchase, orders in by 4 eastern will ship out the same day, thanks!

Reactions: Just Macca
Hello,
I know your ad specifies that it it the 34. Do you know when you may have a TFCT-33 Anvil in stock?

RRS have said August for them. I have a window to purchase when in the US over June-July.

Just to follow up this thread, the team at Thermal Optics Plus have been fantastic. They were able to sort me out at short notice with a tight time frame - as I was really struggling to find a TFCT-33 in stock anywhere.
Thank you to the team, buy with confidence.

Reactions: Bradu
Just to follow up this thread, the team at Thermal Optics Plus have been fantastic. They were able to sort me out at short notice with a tight time frame - as I was really struggling to find a TFCT-33 in stock anywhere.
Thank you to the team, buy with confidence.
What’s the difference between the two?

What’s the difference between the two?
Probably better for someone that owns them to answer. But, from my research and for my uses there’s the following pros and cons.

The TFCT-33 with the Anvil 30 head weighs 4.66lb - which is pretty good, a bit heavy as a pound lighter has its benefits no doubt. The first 3 denotes leg thickness, the second numeral being number of leg sections that can be extended.

3 sections is generally regarded as a decent amount quicker to set up and get into an effective shooting position then a 4 section tripod - also lighter, but packs up longer.

The 34 has four leg sections which means it packs up 4.4 inch shorter, but is heavier, the same overall height when extended, and it’s slower to setup.

The 24L (L for long) is 2oz lighter then the 33, and with four sections extends 8” higher (68.9”). But I’m only 5 foot 10, so I don’t really need the extra height.

The 3 series (TFCT-33, 34, and 34L), in contrast to the 2 and 1 series tripods (lower number, thinner tubes), is regarded as one of the most stable platforms to shoot from - especially with a light magnum. They’re strong enough that a solid lad like me at 220lb can put one leg straight and brace off it and do all sorts.

Therefore my preference is to pay the 1lb weight and 4inch length tax over something like the 14L tripod, resulting in a quick to deploy 3 section tripod that I can brace my carcass off in any conceivable way.

Note, none of these ideas are my own. This comes from solid chats with blokes like @Diver160651.

Get in touch with Thermal Optics Plus and I’m sure they can guide you really well too.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
I bought one of these today.

I want to mount my Desert Tech SRS A2. What rail plate should I use?

I’d also like to use this with my camera, if possible. Is there a mounting plate for this application as well?

Thanks!

Looks like that Desert Tech is mlok on the bottom, if that is right I would get one of these 2 rails depending on length of your forearm and if you want it engage the Arc detent you will need the usr rail if you have enough room:

We dont carry camera plates but most are 1/4 thread going into the camera.

CE6C670F-87C1-4013-96BD-7101B91533FA.jpeg

Nice looking setup! You mind if I put that on our website? I like to put customers pics up as well as my guns... I think it really helps when your shopping around to get a better perspective of what you are going to end up with. No offense taken if you say no as well for real!
Go right ahead. Thanks for the quick service on this great product!