• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Handgun can?

Moof

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2009
Celestine Indiana
I'm sorta lookin at gettin a suppressor for one if not 2 of my pistols. What little i've looked around I have a question. The Trident 9 sounds great but can a person see their sights still say on a p226? I guess all cans designed for a pistol one can still see their sights unless ur holding say a p22 right? I'd like to get one 22 rim fire can (pistol and rifle) and a suppressor that'd work on my p226. What would work if sight picture is a problem?

Re: Hand gun can?

Silencerco Osprey 45.

Buy the corresponding pistons for other calibers.

Use it on multiple platforms (since suppressing a wide variety of pistol calibers saves you money in the long run....)

1 to rule them all, i suppose.

And buy a high quality 22 can.

Theres a group buy for silencerco handgun and 22lr cans in the For Sale - Group Buy section on the bottom of the forum page....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Silencerco Osprey 45.

1 to rule them all, i suppose.

And buy a high quality 22 can.

Huh! So I could buy a 45 version, buy the 9mm piston and run the same can on both my 45 and 9mm? Also isn't the Spectre a good can for the rim fires?

Theres a group buy for silencerco handgun and 22lr cans in the For Sale - Group Buy section on the bottom of the forum page.... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. I guess all cans designed for a pistol one can still see their sights unless ur holding say a p22 right?
2. What would work if sight picture is a problem?</div></div>1. Nope, in fact my experience is the contrary bro. My Meprolight nightsights on my Glock19 don't clear my Gemtech Trinity 9mm suppressor, but my Walther P22 sights do clear my AAC Pilot .22 suppressor.
2. The remedy to this problem: raised sights- http://www.topgunsupply.com/suppressor-sights/

Some people like raised sights on their suppressed handguns. I personally do not. It really doesn't take too much practice to shoot a suppressed handgun with occluded sights and score COM hits. You won't typically be getting precise, tiny groups without the clear sights but it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

The raised sights aren't something I feel I need. Also, I do sometimes carry my suppressor-ready hosts and aftermarket raised sights on those hosts might not be "holster friendly".

Regarding the SilencerCo Osprey (which is a fantastic product), on some host weapons the factory sights will clear the suppressor. On other hosts the silencer body might sit just at the top of the front sight post. I've had great success shooting the Osprey even at far distance (up to 100-yards) on a 1911 and P220. With the same hosts I cannot do that with other suppressors the occlude the sights.

Again, it depends on what you are trying to do. I can run a plate rack at 12-yards no problems with a Trident9 or TiRant9 on a G19 and those suppressors completely block the factory sights. The key to shooting any occluded eyesight is to shoot with both eyes open (as you should anyway). Give it a try and you might be surprised how well it can work.

Would I rather see the sights on the host weapon? Of course! But it isn't a requirement for some applications.

Now, on that P22 a Spectre will clear the sights no problem.

Sorry for the pre-coffee ramblings. LOL. Hope this helps in some way.