• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Handgun safe

Kein Mitleid

Berm Sniper
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2020
I've become vapor locked from online reviews looking for a handgun safe. Any recommendations on something good?

So far I've landed on vaultek VT essential but wouldn't mind checking a few other things out before I commit to it. Impossible to actually put hands on anything at the moment, it would seem.

i've had a speedvault for some time and no complaints. i am sure there have been improvements since.

Buy one with a Simplex mechanical lock. V-Tech is one brand, but there are others. Avoid batteries.

I found one called the Brute from V-line with a simplex lock.

it looks more like a regular lockbox than so clearly being a gun safe.

Thanks for the advice!

A quality leather holster that’s in my person or in my night stand?

Otherwise it just goes into the same weapons locker all my other guns and ammo and muffs and cleaning stuff go in.

I bought the "RPNB Gun Safe Smart Pistol Safe with Biometric Fingerprint" from Amazon. It's California compliant (if that matters to you), built like a tank, and has decent biometrics and a back-up key. Plus it has a little light inside and a 3' cable. It's 11.8"x7.8"x2.2", and is big enough to hold my full-size Sig P320, extra magazine and Streamlight with room to spare.