• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Handloading Checklist Thoughts and Comments

bdubb

Minuteman
Oct 28, 2009
TX
As I get started on my first hand loads this week I noticed I need a checklist to help make sure things are completed and documented in a better way than just a blank piece of paper. I didn't see anything on the forum with a search for "Checklist" although I'm sure some are on here, but I am posting this up for thoughts and comments on what I might be missing or could benefit from changing. Some steps won't be used every time but I prefer to still list them.

I'll most likely put together an AutoCAD sketch for the back of each sheet similar to the 201 sticky thread to help keep everything tracked well for each reloading session.

One day I might get a data book, but until then I plan to go with this method along with my binder for targets.

Attachments

• Reloading Checklist.jpg
    Reloading Checklist.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 56
Looks very good. The only comment I would make is I have one sheet for brass prep and record the load details separately as I may load several different loads from one set of prep'd brass. I find that I keep amending my brass prep sheet as my view on what to do evolves.

Regards

JCS

If the steps on your check list are sequential, shouldn't you anneal before resizing your brass?

Good question. I don't know how much it really matters, but it makes sense to anneal first before resizing. I'll swap it around.

Here's a revised copy with the tumbling and annealing moved around.

Attachments

• Reloading Checklist.jpg
    Reloading Checklist.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 134