• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hanging guns???

Shaun755

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2018
Southern Utah
What are you guys using to hang guns on the wall.. no kids so my war room works for me!
BCE59160-0F2A-4553-975B-8159A9A2EEA7.jpeg

I love that ty even though I know its not for my benefit I still appreciate that . except the plane is taking up space more guns could go its nice oh and the tv and dresser lol looks nice so far . my dream room
1581488822159.png

have been looking at this stuff to mount guns and rifles on the walls

Last edited:
Reactions: Lesch
I love that ty even though I know its not for my benefit I still appreciate that . except the plane is taking up space more guns could go its nice oh and the tv and dresser lol looks nice so far . my dream room
View attachment 7247590
have been looking at this stuff to mount guns and rifles on the walls
That would be nice!... I feel like I would need an ammo room too

Reactions: acudaowner
My problem with 'pegboard' or 'slatboard' is that you have to purchase the pre-made brackets, as well as the 'board' itself. Can be cubic-funds to attain. Another method is standard 3/4 plywood, bolts, pipe/tubing, washers, and those nut-things that are installed into the back of the plywood. ( I can't for the life of me remember the name of them, at the moment)

This way too, a person can locate anything, anywhere that they want, on the plywood. In any angle, manner, or configuration.

Hanging them on the wall is definitely cool, but I personally wouldn't consider it unless you have a purpose-built safe room. Inexpensive decoration pieces excluded.

Criminals all over the place - don't be fooled into thinking that if you live in a good neighborhood that your wall-hung firearms won't be missing one day. Happens all the time all over.

what kind of hangers are you using .. they aren’t showing up well in my phone
They are garage type hangers for hanging shovels and such. They have two prongs with a rubber coating that curve up. They aren't easy to find when you are trying to figure out what to find.. Ask me how I know lol. Look in the garage organization area of the internet or lowes.

I have several of these for my ar style rifles the work well I just made sure they went into a stud, they have 2 different versions for ar-15 and 10

Attachments

• B1603E73-00A2-4AF3-AF3B-13DC72C644D8.jpeg
    B1603E73-00A2-4AF3-AF3B-13DC72C644D8.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 200
My problem with 'pegboard' or 'slatboard' is that you have to purchase the pre-made brackets, as well as the 'board' itself. Can be cubic-funds to attain. Another method is standard 3/4 plywood, bolts, pipe/tubing, washers, and those nut-things that are installed into the back of the plywood. ( I can't for the life of me remember the name of them, at the moment)

This way too, a person can locate anything, anywhere that they want, on the plywood. In any angle, manner, or configuration.
You thinking of "T-nuts" ?

1581548868485.png

Check out the shelving at Lowe's or Home Depot. They have several adjustable styles and hooks for them. You could also drill holes at a slight angle in a 1x2 or 1x4 and use dowels as hangers. You can attach the 1x2 to a stud in the wall with screws. You could drill the holes to line up as you need or space them 6-10" apart. I guess it depends on how simple or fancy you would like it budget.

Basic shelving tracks, screwed into the studs. Let’s you hang guns up high, shelves if you need them, and leaves the lower area available for vertical floor racks. Uses normal (cheap) shelving arms for hangers and shelves.
image.jpg

Slat board and 2 or 3 inc pegs.

Attachments

• 20200130_083554.jpg
    20200130_083554.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 51
IMG_2456_zpssc3jx2gz.jpg

a couple rest on the coffee table for LR coyotes in the meadow

I just noticed the container full of skulls. That's pretty sweet.
I do something similar and different, I hang all the lower jaw bones from hogs in a tree next to my garage.