• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hank Williams Jr. - Tired of Being Johnny B. Good

JR_77

Stock Detective
Minuteman
  • Apr 24, 2014
    TEXAS
    Last night I was listening to the Hank Williams Jr. album “Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound“ and forgot how many great songs are on that album like OD’d in Denver, Outlaw Women, Old Nashville Cowboys, The Conversation with Waylon Jennings, Women I’ve Never Had, of course Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound, (I don’t have) Anymore Love Songs, and finally Tired of Being Johnny B. Good.

This album/songs were written and released back in 1979 during the Carter years. Damn…The words to Tired of Being Johnny B. Good could most certainly have been written today in 2022 during the Brandon years. The more things change, the more they stay the same…

Tired Of Being Johnny B. Good
    Hank Williams, Jr.

I don't like instant ice tea
    And I aint crazy about dollar a gallon self service gasoline
    And they nearly broke me with the high price of beef
    And the funny thing is they think their putting this over on me

I've always been an upstanding citizen
    But I am getting fed up now my friends
    And if you don't understand what I've said
    I'm tired of being Johnny B Good and I'm
    Gonna be Johnny Reb

Yeah I'm gonna be Johnny Reb
    'Cause I don't believe everything I've seen and read
    And I work like hell just to keep a roof and a bed
    I'm tired of being Johnny B Good and I'm
    Gonna be Johnny Reb

This country's gettin' in a kinda bad shape
    When the gasoline profits are up, up and away
    And I can barely live on my take home pay
    There's a whole lot of people that agree to what I say
    Don't tell me to ride a bus and turn down my thermostat
    When yer all runnin' around in jets and cadillacs

Well I can't take this lying down
    We gotta try and fight back 'till they believe what we said
    We're tired of being Johnny B Good and we
    Gotta be Johnny Rebs

Yeah we gonna be Johnny Rebs
    'Cause we don't believe everything we've seen and read
    And we work like hell just to keep a roof and a bed
    We're tired of being Johnny B Good and we
    Gotta be Johnny Rebs

We're Tired of being Johnny B Good and we
    Gotta be Johnny Rebs

well, no one can say they were not warned.

what amazes me is dumb fucks keep falling for it. it doesnt matter anymore...now they've killed voting and until the people say "enough" and are willing to end it, it will keep going this way.

what amazes me is that the Lord continues to be patient and doesnt smite us.....i would have a while ago. perhaps His punishment for us, is to continue to let our behavoir punish us. i dont know...but i do know that this world needs it's ass spanked.

well, no one can say they were not warned.

what amazes me is dumb fucks keep falling for it. it doesnt matter anymore...now they've killed voting and until the people say "enough" and are willing to end it, it will keep going this way.

what amazes me is that the Lord continues to be patient and doesnt smite us.....i would have a while ago. perhaps His punishment for us, is to continue to let our behavoir punish us. i dont know...but i do know that this world needs it's ass spanked.

Amen brother. Yes history is repeating itself again and again. I was a kid in the 70’s & don’t remember all of the bad stuff first hand however I do remember sitting in the car for what seemed like the entire day waiting to fill up with gas. Also remember my parents taking about food being expensive.

The verse in the song that struck me was:

“Don't tell me to ride a bus and turn down my thermostat
    When yer all runnin' around in jets and cadillacs”

That’s the current Global Warming/Climate Change crowd right there 100% yet he wrote that 43 years ago. Commies going to Commie!

Reactions: DIBBS and BLEE
    So doth history repeat itself, again and again and again. Evil never sleeps and we should be vigilant and bold about publicly calling it out, whenever we have the opportunity. We preach to the choir, around here. There are so many sheeple out there, who don't have the courage to be anything but Johnny B. Good.

Reactions: JR_77
    So doth history repeat itself, again and again and again. Evil never sleeps and we should be vigilant and bold about publicly calling it out, whenever we have the opportunity. We preach to the choir, around here. There are so many sheeple out there, who don't have the courage to be anything but Johnny B. Good.
    Yes sir well said. The amount of sheeple out there is staggering from I would have thought pre-covid. They are hard to reach & it does take courage but must be done.

Reactions: BLEE