• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Hanks new bed

Bunnyblaster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Southern IL
I made this bed for our first addition to the family. The last thing we wanted was a bed that looked like we got it at Target.

This bed was designed around several of my favorite John Browning firearms. The man was a genius.

The front rail is two hand checkered Winchester 1886 stocks that meet in the middle. The leg post caps have grooves cut to resemble the slide on a 1911. The bolt holes are covered with .45 acp shell casings. The back has cutouts in the shape of the Browning Auto 5, and of course the carved buckmark logo is at the top.

Its made of walnut, and the railing is blued steel. Its a massively heavy bed.

Re: Hanks new bed

As an amature chip maker, I highly appreciate all that you put into this project. Absolutely outstanding! Beautiful execution, and great creativity.

A fitting tribute to it's new Master, they make a fine pair. Both a true source of pride.

holy crap!!! That is awesome.

My son is 9 months old and even he could respect that crib!

Nice work!

damn that is some talent! You should submit that to Browning. They usually give a rifle/shotgun away to the person who makes stuff like that.

Amazing! Submit your photos here. That is a clear winner. You will probably win a Browning for your hard work.

Thanks for the complements. It was a fun project, and a great excuse to buy tools. I submitted it to Browning a couple weeks ago. We'll see what pans out. Hank likes it anyway.

Beautiful work! I just moved my son into a big-boy bed but we have a daughter on the way and would love to have something like that for her.

Awesome!....fashion some side rails so that when the time comes for a big boy bed, you can use the front and back for the head and foot board. He will be able to use it from now on.

I feel like that is a winner for sure, I browsed through the other entries and I feel yours will be a winner without a doubt.

BB,
Congratulations to You and your Wife on the birth of your son Hank.
I see 2 beautiful pieces of work! Hank AND the crib that is! Looks like a heirloom piece he will keep handing down.
Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
DS

I just voted for you on the Browning site. Excellent craftsmanship and I hope you win the rifle for your efforts and creativity.

Thanks again for the comments. I thought about making up some side rails to convert it to a twin or something.....but I found out the night before last that we have another young'n headed our way. We'll have to find something else for Hank come May. As fast as he's growing, it would probably be about time anyway.

You are a true artist my friend!

Congrats on the news of a little one on the way
wink.gif

Love to see stuff like this. Beautiful craftsmanship, I'm sure this will be a piece passed down in your family for many many years. Congrats to you and your wife on the addition to your family.

Now that is true AMERICAN craftsmanship.. Gorgeous work and congrats on the family. +1 on the browning vote.