• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Happy .308 Day !!

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    Since it's March Eighth, post up your favorite .308 / 7.62 X 51 rifle

IMG_8988.JPG

I bought this Browning A-Bolt for my dad as a birthday gift in 1993 and he gave it back to me before he passed away in 2011.
    It's been a good rifle and shoots where you aim it. I'm hoping to use it a bunch before I give it to my daughter.

ETA: The rifle was unloaded and the magazine was in my jacket pocket. It was drizzling and I closed the bolt to keep the moisture out of the interior of the rifle.

Last edited:
    Happy 308 Day!

Bought this R700 5R Milspec back in 2011, and it’s been an amazing rifle. Shoots 1-hole groups. The only thing I’ve ever done was a trigger swap and torque the action screws properly. And fairly recently I swapped it over into the Magpul stock w/ the DBM setup. It’s got an EGW HD 20MOA base, Seekins Precision Low 0.92” rings, and a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C scope.

Before

722E4C60-39F9-43F5-9027-67DBBCA12BCB.jpeg

After

F63CD652-3573-49B2-97B1-41D0608EA34A.jpeg

D9E2F5B2-DFDE-49E0-B981-812DCC9AAF40.jpeg
    8EE26678-FF88-40CC-A4D0-ADAFC57EA14A.jpeg

My MDRX is far and away my favorite rifle, may not be as precise as a high dollar bolt, but gets pretty darn close. Shown here with the 20” .308w barrel

Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10 Mil long reticle on Bobro Engineering Scar Mount, Swampfox Kingslayer MRDS on Arisaka offset mount, Blk Lbl Mantis long handguard, Surefire M600U with DS-07 tailcap, FM-70 front filter kit, Dead Air Keymount flash hider, Hoptic saddle blanket, Magpul MS4 sling

The Sightmark on the one picture is just for testing purposes, it’s going on my Evo 3 later, but it actually has surprised me by surviving so far without dropping zero.

I have a confession.. I have many very nice guns. 9mm, .45, 6.5 CM, 6 CM, 5.56, .357, .44mag,.22lr, .17hmr.. but I do not own a .308. I need one. Semi- auto and a bolt gun. Just seems like something everyone should have. Nice pics in this thread.

Reactions: kthomas
    Oldest son and I got out the only 308 in the arsenal today.

That kid operates that bolt like a fuckin' seasoned sniper that does a bad ass prayer before he shoots an enemy sticking his head out at 300 yards... with iron sights.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
    Since it's March Eighth, post up your favorite .308 / 7.62 X 51 rifle

View attachment 7823253

I bought this Browning A-Bolt for my dad as a birthday gift in 1993 and he gave it back to me before he passed away in 2011.
    It's been a good rifle and shoots where you aim it. I'm hoping to use it a bunch before I give it to my daughter.

ETA: The rifle was unloaded and the magazine was in my jacket pocket. It was drizzling and I closed the bolt to keep the moisture out of the interior of the rifle.
    Nice history and personal affection for that gun and the memories that go with it.....

The only Browning I've got is a 270Win I bought on Gunbroker...... The seller disclosed he had listed it forever without selling it, then pulled off the old poly ? stock and put on this BEAUTIFUL laminated stock, jacked the price (he didn't admit this part but I know it), and sold it (to me) right away. It was still well priced, at least to this novice. It has been one of my favorites, and it always get admirers when I take it out. More than my primary weapons, all 6.5 CMs for long range PRS. But they're beauties of their own rights.

Nice history and personal affection for that gun and the memories that go with it.....

The only Browning I've got is a 270Win I bought on Gunbroker...... The seller disclosed he had listed it forever without selling it, then pulled off the old poly ? stock and put on this BEAUTIFUL laminated stock, jacked the price (he didn't admit this part but I know it), and sold it (to me) right away. It was still well priced, at least to this novice. It has been one of my favorites, and it always get admirers when I take it out. More than my primary weapons, all 6.5 CMs for long range PRS. But they're beauties of their own rights.

When I bought the rifle and sighted it in for the for the hunting trip, it shot three165 Federal Premiums into a sub 3/4" group at 100 yards. I knew this rifle was going to be a keeper.
    When I gave it too him, I told him "Happy Birthday. This rifle is on loan, this one comes back to me and no one else" He made good on that promise in 2010.
    He never shot a deer with that rifle so I had to pick up his slack with "Bruiser" the deer.

My favorite 308 is long gone :( But we still have a gasser in that caliber that hasn't been getting the attention it deserves, and so when my son came up to me earlier in the week and said "Dad, I'm bored - can we go load some ammo?", I knew what had to be done.

PXL_20220307_224432646.jpg
    PXL_20220307_234121215.jpg
    PXL_20220308_002054755.jpg
    PXL_20220308_003221779.jpg
    PXL_20220308_005258650.jpg

I just put together another Remington 308, in a McMillan stock and a jewell trigger.... it shoots really well, but not like the one I posted earlier...