• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Happy Father's Day.

Daddyusmaximus

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 3, 2020
Happy Father's Day.

VFW Post 1279 would like to thank every father out there who was attentive to his children... and their mother. A growing child needs a positive influence with good parenting, and a good father is an indispensable part of that equation.

Of course, being a veterans organization, we offer special thanks to those fathers who lost so much time with their children as they were away from home in the service of their nation... They were making the world a better / safer place for them in the future.

Above all... we offer thanks for those fathers who gave their lives for this nation, never to see their children again, and for the countless young men, who died, having given up their chance to ever become a father.

VFW Father's Day.jpg

One night, a father heard his son's prayer: "Dear God, please make me the kind of man that my daddy is." Later that night, the father prayed,"Heavenly Father, please make me into the man my son thinks I am. May I be a reflection of you. Amen"

happy father's day!
Thanks for that... It's one I never heard before. I took the idea, and ran with it.

Father's Day Prayer. .jpg

Last edited:
Happy Father's Day, guys!

I'm thankful that my dad wasn't anything close to being a helicopter parent. He let me and my siblings wander off and do pretty much anything we wanted, so long as we didn't set the house on fire. He let us make our own mistakes and let us learn from them in real time. If we couldn't figure it out on our own, he was always available to provide his opinion on the matter, or demonstrate how he would do it - or simply wrap up the wound and drive us to the ER.

So, to all you great fathers, doing the best you can -

Dad.jpg

Don't worry too much, it'll work out!

Last edited: