• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Happy Juneteenth.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Went to mail a package this AM and guess what?

Federal Holiday.

Juneteenth.

b15a26c72119c09c92e40f10180585a8.jpg

Umm… Juneteenth is the 19th. Hence the “teenth.” Of course FJB screwed it up and declared the 17th as Juneteenth, a federal holiday. Your post office is extra crispy special if they’re closed today because of a holiday that is 11 days away.

And, yeah, Texas is the birth place of Juneteenth, so…

Reactions: UKDslayer and redx
    I thought we already had a Martin Luther Cuz day ?
    And black awareness month...
    Are you telling me there is another one ?

Reactions: Dunraven
    What the Fu-k is Juneteenth?
    Well, it used to be a very regional holiday marking the emancipation of slaves in Texas. You see, at one time we didn’t have the internet, nor phones, and the telegraph was iffy. And, the post hadn’t evolved into snail-mail yet. It took the arrival of an actual US army general (one General Gordon Grainger) in Galveston to bring the word that the war were over and the slaves were no longer slaves.

Reactions: canman
    Your USPS is celebrating a little early.
    It’s an extra day off at work each year so at least there’s that 😎

5gv.gif

popcorns-crackhead-eating.gif

0c4.gif

any excuse to drink today is a good excuse to drink .

Your USPS is celebrating a little early.
    It’s an extra day off at work each year so at least there’s that 😎
    Maybe I mis read the sign, but what the hell its good to be proactive. Better early than late unless its for a beating.

• Haha
    Reactions: db2000
    The Clearwater slang would be, grape drank.
    We'll see, I'm going to start night fishing or crabbing here very soon, sooo, I will be back up to speed on local slangs soon
    Cane pole + bucket + bridge. Combine those and it's the rosettastone of ebonics.

Reactions: oneshot86
    Biden stopped wearing cotton underwear since taking office, very difficult removing shit stains from cotton.

So this Juneteenth holiday was celebrated June 6th by the Post Office as stated by the OP? I look on my iPad calendar and it shows Father‘s Day and Juneteenth on 6/19 but my store bought calendar shows June 12th as Father’s Day and Juneteenth….2 Father’s Days will mean firing up the BBQ grill an extra day I guess

JuneTEEMF. Ifn you're gonna say it, say it like it's said in da hood. And fly dey flag:

RmxhZy5wbmc

Red for the meat, black for the seed, and green for the rind on a watermelon.

Learn how to pander correctly for christ sakes.

"I wonder what they're going on about these days over in the Bear Pit"

giphy.gif