• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Hard chrome finisher

Pav67

Minuteman
Jun 24, 2012
Mn
Looking for a great hard chrome finisher.The usual suspects are mostly hit or miss.I have a 2011 frame and slide I need finished with brushed flats and matte rounds.Was at one of the best and he passed away before it was completed.A lot of the larger builders aren’t even offered it anymore due to the difficulty of finding a quality finisher.Any leads on a top shelf finisher would be appreciated

I would suggest working with a custom or production shop. We use US Chrome, but only for barrels. They do other work, but have a minimum fee. If you can find a shop that uses them for other applications, you might be able to piggy back on their next job.

I had my Sig 220 hard chromed by Fords way back, they do great work and are highly recommended by many for their HC.

Thanks to both of you.Any options are worth a look

I had a 1911 done just like you’re wanting done about 15 years ago and for the life of me I can’t remember their name. They were out of Florida and at the time probably the best out there. I’d contact someone like Cheely Custom or another reputable smith and see who the use or recommend.

If you want the benefits of hard Chrome but aren't dead set on that specific finish, look at H&M Blacknitride.

Their work is phenomenal and cheap.

250 for a complete pistol.