• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HardRock Match on 5/30/09

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The match for 5/30 with practice on 5/29 is a go. If other extenuating circumstances should arise, I'll update this post. We'll be shooting the first team match after the main relays at this event, so please be patient as we work out any kinks with our procedures.

If you would like a copy of the schedule and rules, including team match rules, please send me a PM with your first and last name, and email address.

Thanks,
DocB

Re: HardRock Match on 5/30/09

Great, very much looking forward to the team match, as well as seeing everyone again.
May have some more, new shooters, as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just show up... </div></div>

This is an invitational match on private property. "Just show up" is not good advice.

PM to Doc B for the information on the match and sending him any questions, along with his response to you, covers your invitation.

"The Owner"

jh,

Tackleberry and I have corresponded, he has the schedule and rules, and is on the mailing list.

Tackleberry,

We don't have any pre-registration for the event. Since you are a new shooter, I would again recommend attending a practice day. The rules now require shooters to be on-target within a set number of rounds.

Thanks,
DocB

Doc I do plan on driving over on Friday morning so I am sighted in and ready for Sat. morning. Looking at the rules it is 5 shots each at 6,7,8,9 &1k in 20 minutes. I assume that 20 minutes is from start to finish and no down time between each distance. Do you shoot from one bench to 5 different ranges or move from bench to bench? I know this sounds goofy but I have never shot a match so just asking questions. Thanks

Good day,

I'm trying to get an idea as to how many teams will participate in the team match. I know I'll be on one, plus GF and OSOK will have one with EB; what other teams are planning on shooting?

Thanks,
DocB

I would like to shoot the team match if i can get Bill (Grampa) Keigans on my team
laugh.gif
blush.gif
cool.gif
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Will</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I offered to shoot the 600 portion and that should handicap the team quite nicely. I believe that it was ASM1 that offered to team up, not sure. Anyway, offer still stands. </div></div>

We are still a GO will..

Stop with them negative waves man
grin.gif

I'm planning on making both days, but my daughter has a class Fri. According to her schedule she is supposed to have class practically all day Mon thru Thur, but her archaeology class is gonna meet Fri as well. Talk about a pissed off female unit.

See ya'll there...

OSOK reported,... the "Road" 1030hrs this day was GTG except about 100yds that was mud but still 2WD. Mud should be gone Friday mid morn or soon'er, less more rain.

Store knows match is happening,... but having issue with oven at this time,... their working on same for AM tomorrow.

OSOK, to call this afternoon with any other updates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spooky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm planning on making both days, but my daughter has a class Fri. According to her schedule she is supposed to have class practically all day Mon thru Thur, but her archaeology class is gonna meet Fri as well. Talk about a pissed off female unit. </div></div>

Hey Spooky, If your daughter needs to go to archaeology class ,she should come to hardrock and study Mr huskey , Will ,and Ed Baker , they are ALL OLDER THAN DIRT.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pavey, Chief said he wanted to shoot on your team! I told him that would work out good since both of you need a step ladder to sit on at the benches.....I am bringing one for the both of you!

LADDER , What , you mean I can't just stand on Chief's shoulders like last time!!!
sick.gif
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Will</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Road from HWY 80 is G2G with only one area slightly messy. Same can't be said for coming in from South. It is a BIG Mess.
See you again in AM. Can't be there all day Sat. work calls.
</div></div>

Thats cool will,I have some stuff I need to do sat eve Myself..

See you guys sat AM early..

Good day,

I finally completed the results and sent them about 0945 CDT this morning. Thanks for your patience while getting the results ready. We shot the team match for the first time; while the start was slow, it proceeded rapidly and everyone had a good time.

Good to see everyone again,
DocB

This was my first match to shoot in. I really enjoyed meeting and spending time with everyone. This is a very kind and sharing group of guys. I was given alot of help and instruction. I had my first chance at reading the wind, my home range is extremely sheltered from wind so this was a learning experience. I hope to make it back before the end of the year with a buddy and shoot again. Thanks for a great weekend!

Big thanks to all the hardrock staff. Huskey I hope you get to feeling better. Good shooting M Brown , and congrates to Ed baker in 308 and the team match, that 1/2 min shot at 1000 was impressive,not bad for a bunch of OLD FARTS.
smirk.gif
Enjoy it while you can because Team Youngblood will be gunning for you next time
whistle.gif
Johnny K said NO more MR Nice guy
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tackleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was my first match to shoot in. I really enjoyed meeting and spending time with everyone. This is a very kind and sharing group of guys. </div></div>

Sure you didn't make a wrong turn somewhere??? You did go to HardRock right?
grin.gif

Hate that I missed it, I was hoping not to miss a match this year.....
cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tackleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was my first match to shoot in. I really enjoyed meeting and spending time with everyone. This is a very kind and sharing group of guys. </div></div>
Sure you didn't make a wrong turn somewhere??? You did go to HardRock right?
grin.gif

Hate that I missed it, I was hoping not to miss a match this year.....
cry.gif
</div></div>

I should have stayed home, no better than I was felling but, had a new shooter coming, an had to go. Besides team Geritol
laugh.gif
had to make a showing, after asking for the team match.
Glad I got to meet tackleberry, he will put it where you call for it to go. Watch for him be at the top of the pack, as he already understands the need to favor 360* of the target just before sending it, over chacing the last shot.

A big hand to Ed Baker an R. McAbee as well, for Placing team Geritol in the First Team Match, winners circle.

Congrats to the winners! The shot on the KYL at 1K was only accomplished through the great spotting by Ron and shooting by Ken. Remember, I hit the wrong target at 900.....bad wind call on my part! Look forward to the next match.

Ed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed Baker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I hit the wrong target at 900.....bad wind call on my part! </div></div>

I think everyone, has done that at HR. When I do it, I use, "I was testing the paint on the, other targets"
grin.gif

Great shooting Ed, and a good call by Ronald,... even if he was a HOG Jarhead.

I had a great time also, my second time out. The new scope was much better since it actually worked and I hit the targets.

Was great to be able to put some names with faces from this site. Good to meet you Tackleberry & Brandon and all the others. Depending on work I might even appear for the next match, both days. Now if I could only find my data that use to "almost" work, I cam only blame it on operator error !

I agree with Will, nice to put faces to the names on the hide. My first match, and had a great time. I'll be back to another match, if only on game day. It was great to meet all of you, though I didn't get to talk to everyone. Thanks for the hospitality Will, Alan, Capt. Huskey, Khooks, Gene, and every one else.

Brandon

I enjoyed shooting the match with all the Hardrock shooters.It was the first time we were able to make it this year and maybe it won't be the last.

Mike

Hey guys just wanted to drop a line and let you know the Hard Rock Data book pages pur in and on our web site.

Happy Shooting

Mike chase drew your 7mm bat and hang it on the office/shop wall along with a rock buggy,This kid is going to get expensive ,He really was exited he shot in the team match and did better than me or mike did LOL .

I know my pard mike shot a PAI for 1st in ATG I think 2nd and 3rd was PAI as well ?
wish IO could aford another PAI ...

Asm1,

Cool drawing..I can't believe he didn't draw a fat head pressed against the stock! You better start buying lottery tickets if you hope to give that boy everything he wants.Lol!

Remember it is now APA not PAI...

thanks alan for all your help, this was the first time at HR, thanks to gene, ron and everyone at HR, i will be back for the next shoot, and i will definetly be watching the weather a couple days before to see if it rained any where society hill, i have no idea how i managed to get my truck down the log trail, believe it or not it was almost dry when i left saturday afternoon and went back out the same way.. the damage will total about $400 bucks when its all said and done.. but i had a great time any way.. see you guys in june...

Man hate to hear about the 400 bucks but by the looks of your truck I'd thought that grill would have been more. Glad you had a good time. Bring down the other guys next month if you can get them to come.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: forrest gump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spooky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm planning on making both days, but my daughter has a class Fri. According to her schedule she is supposed to have class practically all day Mon thru Thur, but her archaeology class is gonna meet Fri as well. Talk about a pissed off female unit. </div></div>

Hey Spooky, If your daughter needs to go to archaeology class ,she should come to hardrock and study Mr huskey , Will ,and Ed Baker , they are ALL OLDER THAN DIRT.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>

No play for Mr. Gray.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hay hooper My kid was wondering where you where,He did have no one his size to play with..
grin.gif
</div></div>

I was @ your house.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hay hooper My kid was wondering where you where,He did have no one his size to play with..
grin.gif
</div></div>

I was @ your house.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Thats a good comeback
grin.gif