• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HardRock Team Match?

G

How about a team match, after the reg. shoot is over, with a seperate fee as well? 3 teams per relay, Team 1 Bench 1&2,..Team 2 Bench 3&4 ect. 1 spotting, 1 shooting, both shoot 20/24*rds each, max total time for both 30/35* min. *The 6th round per yardage could be used as a know your limitation shot, if you miss, only you, loose that complete yardage score. Limitation target size, (on the backer between, odd bench on top, even # on bottom) TBD by HR management. Some might call that a short time to shoot that many rounds, but you have a spotter.

Same rules as ATG's, anything .223 to 300wm.

Re: HardRock Team Match?

I would be interested in shooting a team match. This is just for the fun of it right. I don't have a spoting scope so maybe I could team up with some that does.

If you need a spotting scope, you can use mine, if I'm not useing it.

Most likely just bragging rights, until the next match, like now. Anything greater might cause problems.
grin.gif

It could be set up as guys teaming up, or draw names from a hat for teams, I can see advantages both ways.
jhuskey sets things up nice, an makes it challanging as well, once he gets into it.

It would be a great learning exp for all involved. I've never been to or shot at HR that I did not learn something. One time the shooting was nil, but I learned G.Ruff can cook when he wants to!

I havn't been there when they had a cookout but I've heard talk about how good it was. I just started going to HR the end of last year. Broke the 100 point mark last match with a 120. It took 2 weeks for me to stop grinning about it. Can't want until the first of May.

Sounds good to me. I just decided I'm going to start setting up a scope and spending more time watching while others shoot and see if I can learn something about spotting. Maybe it will make me a better shooter.
grin.gif

I think a team match would help all HR shooters, as one could draw/help everyone they shot with.

OSOK (AKA Gamer) said he'd be all over a team match, no matter how it was set up.

I would love to come back. I learned alot about myself, my rifle, and my ammo there. I really enjoyed BS'ing with everyone, and putting some faces with the names. If nobody minds helping the popo learn more, I'm in.

Mike

GF,

inalabama and I will team up. Not sure how much good a spotter will do in the summer mirage.

HTH,
DocB

A spotter cuts shooter look/hold time. If the spotter is doing his/her job, after the first shot, (while the shooter is not holding), the next 4 rounds should be in the black no problem, with correct calls. The spotter takes alot of pressure off the shooter, so the shooter only has to, shoot.

Ronald, (aka OSOK) an I want to give this a shot, if it flys.

A team could win/lose it all, with the know your Limitation shots, and you know neither Ronald or I will pass those up, no matter how hard. Go for Broke, was the Moto of 442 RCT, works for us as well, even if he is/was a Marine.
grin.gif

I was out at the last HR my first time and having some scope problems and not knowing it. I would definitely be interested in a team match but I'm not sure how much I'd help my team.

"Gamer" would have to be teamed with a rookie to level the field. Just like anyone teaming up w/me deserves extra points just for having been stuck with me !! heh heh heh.

On the down side ... that is going to create a long @$$ day. Especially so if we have more shooters than usual. Since I haven't made a "match" day this year I don't know how many relays there were.

I'd probably borrow some of Spooky's sage words when coaching Morris,"Did you see the hit ? Good, shoot again" .

With the 6th bench it goes faster, but I believe if someone wants to shoot a match they will stay for it no matter the time.
HR management, could also name team members, based on that days shooting scores, to level the field. One team match of the year could be guys, that want to team togeather, to see how they stack up?

Is this going to be brought up to Mr. Huskey at the match or is this possibly happening at the next match. Just wondering if I need to work up some extra ammo for next match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GF Can I borrow some ammo to shoot against you with????????

Mike </div></div>

No problem,... I've gotten beat, an 2nd place before, by loaning handloads to HR shooters. I now only loan quality ammo once. The second time they get the "Most Special" loads.
grin.gif

Gamer is now shooting a load that was tested, in his gun, before I even shot it. He shot the course, an the vertical was less than 0.14 moa at 1K, an less than that at 6-8-900 yds, not bad for a Marine shooting.
smile.gif

KHOOKS

I doubt a team match would happen next shoot, as I believe HR management would want to poll all the HR shooters first. All the details would have to be worked out first, as jhuskey, does nothing half ass.

I know about your special ammo, Ron told me all about it. I think I would have a batch just for him incase he asks. J/K

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know about your special ammo, Ron told me all about it.
Mike </div></div>

Even,... Ronald,... is not 100% up to speed in that area.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

3 man team (shooter (#1) at 600, shooter (#2) at 800, shooter (#3) at 900), (team picks the shooter for 1000 and KNL tie-breaker (same shooter for 1000 and KNL));
3 rounds at 600, 3 rounds at 800, 3 rounds at 900, and 5 rounds at 1000.

1 KNL round in the 1/2 moa dot (hit totally inside) in the head of Herman breaks any ties.

Spotter on bench 1,3, and 5. Spotter behind each shooter with scope on tripod. Shooter on bench 2,4, and 6.

Shooters must set up, shoot 600, change shooter, shoot 800, change shooter, shoot 900, change shooter, shoot 1000 and KNL in 20 minutes.

Any thoughts?

Sounds good to me also.

Just one question on the "shoot 1000 and KNL in 20 minutes" isn't the KNL to break ties only or am I missing something the in firing order?

The whole thing is shot in 20 minutes. The KNL tie breaker, good catch Hooks. There will be 3 5" dots on Herman.
And a judge-spotter on herman when the shots are fired.

Anybody hits with all 15, we reduced the size of the dot for tie-breaker #2, a 2.5" dot.

I'm in, as is Ronald. (Just spoke to him.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any thoughts? </div></div>

Normal HR caliber rules?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any thoughts? </div></div>

Normal HR caliber rules? </div></div>

You, Ronald, and your 3rd partner shoot 22LR. The rest of us shoot normal HR caliber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any thoughts? </div></div>

Normal HR caliber rules? </div></div>

You, Ronald, and your 3rd partner shoot 22LR. The rest of us shoot normal HR caliber. </div></div>

Great,... but you have it somewhat reversed,...it's RL-22 about 77 grs worth.
grin.gif

jhuskey,

Complex with movement. How to clear the line when shooters move from benches? How do you ID hits on Herman? I'd prefer GF's two men team on two tables; no movement, can safely clear the line.

HTH,
DocB

jhuskey,

Sorry, missed the part about Herman hits.

DocB

I prefer Huskeys 3 man team, an see no problem with saftey issues.
With shooters at even # bench's, everyone just rotates clockwise. Odd # bench's can hold two sticks with flags an the stick shooting is on the even # bench. I would assume, the team knows who is shooting what before it starts, and the sticks would already set per that rotation. What am I missing here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jhuskey,

Complex with movement. How to clear the line when shooters move from benches? How do you ID hits on Herman? I'd prefer GF's two men team on two tables; no movement, can safely clear the line.

HTH,
DocB </div></div>

Adults with safety flags can easily get up and move safely. Children need adult supervision. We have no children, right?

No movement is probably preferred by all, in that no movement keeps you in your comfort zone. I will remove you from your comfort zone to challenge you as a team.

Will your third team member help you move your gear while shooter #2 moves into place. How do shooter #1 and #2 move into the spotter phases. How do they work together as a team?

Otherwise, if all yall want to do is shoot with a spotter to see if you can shoot 200 points, the range IS open after the match and has been open to such activity since we started Hardrock. 30' relays after the match, same as practice day.

Yall's call, team match as a challenge, or whatever you call shooting under no pressure with a spotter calling your wind before the shot to get bragging rights to a high score....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer Huskeys 3 man team, an see no problem with saftey issues.
With shooters at even # bench's, everyone just rotates clockwise. Odd # bench's can hold two sticks with flags an the stick shooting is on the even # bench. I would assume, the team knows who is shooting what before it starts, and the sticks would already set per that rotation. What am I missing here? </div></div>

This man got the idea and knows already what his team is going to do....

I'd prefer to do the 3 man, puts each member under pressure to not suck hind tit for the team. (I know that statement is going to bite my ass.)
The three make it more of a challange, to know all ranges cold bore.
I believe everyone will learn their short an long points faster,... as it's down there for your team to see, not just the shooter.

I know everyone likes to be first all the time, it would be un-American, to like second or worst. Should we all pull on the same end of the rope, we can't help but win.

The only problem I see with 3 person teams, is finding two people that's wiling to let me bring down their scores... LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only problem I see with 3 person teams, is finding two people that's wiling to let me bring down their scores... LOL </div></div>

You could bring out the best in them and you might be surprised to see your score rise, although you shouldn't be, the point is to better everyone by a team effort. Everybody brings good things to the table as a working team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macgulley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It could be a big advantage for all members of a team to share a rifle. </div></div>

That would be a bigger disadvantage UNLESS the team members had shot the other rifle (a lot), it fit them ergonomically, the scope eye setting was the same, and the other rife dynamics were equal.
My rifle will shoot different with you because of recoil impulse given the way I hold the rifle versus your hold, my weight versus yours, and my recoil management technique versus yours.

Shooting my rifle won't make you shoot any better than how you shoot with yours. Beware the man who owns one gun, who knows their gun intimately...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant find two person that will team with me
cry.gif

I must be a bad shot.. or my minute of mill is off
grin.gif
</div></div>

It's cuz you don't respect the spin drift...

I think the teams should be drawn at random. Each shooter is assigned a number. Numbers placed in a hat. Drawn by non participant three at a time...........bam.....you are on a team! This will prevent stacking of teams! LOL!