• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harley Davidson goes electric.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    So much for the Thump...

as if motorcycles werent dangerous enough.....lets add instant torque to the equation

It's not this but I like it!!

Farm%26Bike%20067-L.jpg

If it doesn’t sound like it’s blowing a raspberry to the world , I’m not
    sure if it’s really a Harley . I’m not a fan of 2 wheel tractors , but they
    have deservedly earned their place in history . Sounds ghey to me ,
    but some countries are bringing in Gov regs that , require a certain
    percentage of production to be emission free .

As much as I like my Heritage, this could be a fun toy to play with. Should be able to get the center of gravity nice and low and acceleration rate snappy.
    If you've taken a ride in a Tesla, you'll understand...if not, get in a Tesla and have your mind changed for you!

I saw a clip of an electric bike at the Isle of Mann race this year. It was really weird to see and hear it go by with just this whine of an electric motor. the bike was really fast too. I think the rider's skill was the only reason the bike did't do better.

I had a talk about this with local HD dealer over dinner a couple of weeks ago... And the idea makes a lot of sense. First, it gets 'new people' onto two wheels... with a strong brand name and dealer support. These things are going to be huge among agencies (everything from traffic patrol in congested areas to meter-maids). And the performance is apparently... blistering. Infinite torque.

It's not replacing the thump... it's supplementing it. And as HD is an 'aging brand' it is probably a smart move for them.

On the bright side, they never introduced the Indian-made Harley:

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: myronman3

Like it or not, electric powered vehicles are on the verge of becoming better, way better, than ICE vehicles.

^^ I won't own one, but I am "Hydrocarbon Man" turned up to 11.

There is a place for them. And a generation who will covet them. They won't be squids... they'll probably be Tranny's, LGBT's, butt-pirates and Tide-Pod-Eaters... but HD is in the profit business. Not in the noise and smoke business.

Again... if it has wheels, propellors, a keel or, hell, live steam... I'm for it. Motorhead covers a lot of ground!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: ArmyJerry