• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harrel rimfire tuner dimensions

fsole1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2021
Florida
Good evening.

I am looking for a barrel tuner for my Bergara B14R and my first option is the Harrel rimfire tuner, but I would like to know something about it before giving a try.

1-. How long is the Harrel tuner at its shortest length from the muzzle to the end of the tuner?
2-. How long is the harrel tuner at its longest lenght from the muzzle to the end of the tuner?
3-. How long is the inside bore of the Harrell rimfire tuner?, I meant from the end to the inside shoulder where the tuner stops with the muzzle barrel.
4-. Could you please let me know the diameter of the inner tube and diameter of the outer tube?

Thank you so much for your help.

Sorry, but I don't have the answers you're looking for. Harrel makes a few different versions. I'm running a Harrel's AR15 tuner on my B14R and the length doesn't change. The weights are threaded to the outside of the tube. On the AR15 version, you loosen a jam nut (which is half of the weight) and adjust the top to your desired setting--then tighten up the jam nut. The tuner won't get any longer, but the weights can be moved lower than the muzzle thread shoulder because they're just oversized enough to slip over .750". *The pic with the jam nut separate is almost .250" over the muzzle thread shoulder and there's probably another .250" to play with. With the tuner installed, my barrel is 18.250" long and that doesn't change no matter what I adjust the tuner to.

I chose the AR15 model purely because its a direct thread and I wouldn't have to monkey around with clamps.....it's also a cheaper option at $100 shipped. But now that I have a suppressor pending, I may have to re-think my setup. (can is direct thread and I'll have to remove this tuner to mount it so I'm looking for options that leave the muzzle threads exposed--probably go with a clamp style that I can attach below the muzzle threads but I'm gonna hold off on ordering until I see how the rifle shoots with the can attached.)

Attachments

• tuner pic 2.jpg
    tuner pic 2.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 57
  • tuner pic.jpg
    tuner pic.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Good evening.

I am looking for a barrel tuner for my Bergara B14R and my first option is the Harrel rimfire tuner, but I would like to know something about it before giving a try.

1-. How long is the Harrel tuner at its shortest length from the muzzle to the end of the tuner?
2-. How long is the harrel tuner at its longest lenght from the muzzle to the end of the tuner?
3-. How long is the inside bore of the Harrell rimfire tuner?, I meant from the end to the inside shoulder where the tuner stops with the muzzle barrel.
4-. Could you please let me know the diameter of the inner tube and diameter of the outer tube?

1.How long is the Harrel tuner at its shortest length from the muzzle to the end of the tuner? main body-3.6035 including inner tube-3.8220
2-. How long is the harrel tuner at its longest lenght from the muzzle to the end of the tuner? approximately -4.327 set at 500
3-. How long is the inside bore of the Harrell rimfire tuner?, I meant from the end to the inside shoulder where the tuner stops with the muzzle barrel. 1.1715 from end of inner tube -2.6530
4-. Could you please let me know the diameter of the inner tube and diameter of the outer tube? inner-.6270 outer 1.3420

Lee

Reactions: Colt45guy
Good morning and thank you so much for your comment.

Your tuner is the Harrell tactical tuner AR15, I am looking for a tuner with no brake as yours. Could you please let me know the total length of your tuner from the muzzle tuner to the end of the tuner?

Did you notice any improvement in your groups while using the Harrell tactical tuner brake on your Bergara B14R?

Thank you and have a great day

Attachments

• 403_image.jpg
    403_image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 43
This is the one I have: https://harrellsprec.com/index.php/products/ar15-tuner-brake

Total length of the tuner is 2.350".

While I was dialing mine in the first time, I saw a measurable decrease in group size. With SK Standard Plus and no muzzle device, my rifle averages about .250" groups at 25 yards. (10 shot groups)

At a setting of 174, my average group size decreased by 50%. I found another node with about 2.5 full revolutions of the weights, but it wasn't as consistent--always gave one or 2 fliers. I didn't attempt to go any further because 174 works.

The problem with tuners is that what works today might not work tomorrow.....ammo, temp, humidity all change barrel harmonics. Since I initially dialed it in, I've had to adjust it between 165-180 to get the same results, depending on conditions. Ammo lot seems to be the #1 reason to have to adjust, followed closely by temperature.

I usually wind up shooting at least 10 rounds (sometimes a whole box) to fine tune it to conditions prior to 'shooting for real', but when it's dialed in correctly, it absolutely makes it worth the effort. I used the top diamond on this target to adjust the tuner and when POI matched POA.....I got 24 out of 25

Attachments

• I missed one.jpg
    I missed one.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 89
  • new target with dime.jpg
    new target with dime.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 90
Those shots were outdoor?, have you try at 50 yards?

I am shooting outdoor at 50 yards on a USBR target, my setup is B14R (no tuner) w/ TT Special two stage on Caldwell Rock BR rest, the scope is a Vortex Golden Eagle and SK std plus, my score is around of 220/250 but I have to improve it if I want to compete in a decent way with the big guys. I have been shooting since my 18 years but only handguns with open sight, but my eyes are not the same, so I bought my first long gun on November 2021 and It is a B14R.

Based on your Harrell AR15 tuner brake length, the muzzle of your tuner/brake is 1.9" away from the B14R barrel muzzle. Considering that the distance from the B14R bolt face to barrel muzzle is 18 1/16" then node # 9 should be close to 1.62" and node # 11 at 2.07" from muzzle end. I want to try with a tuner tuned as per Purdy then adjust the tuner using the fine screw in it.

Good evening.

Harrels dimensions are all over the internet. .62 inner, 1.34 outer 21/8 length. If you need these dimensions you must be planning on using the Purdy tunning method. You failed to mention the most important dimensions. Your barrel length and diameter! Harrels work best with barrels 24 to 27 in. They are generally too long to use the Purdy method on barrels less than 22in.

Harrels dimensions are all over the internet. .62 inner, 1.34 outer 21/8 length. If you need these dimensions you must be planning on using the Purdy tunning method. You failed to mention the most important dimensions. Your barrel length and diameter! Harrels work best with barrels 24 to 27 in. They are generally too long to use the Purdy method on barrels less than 22in.
Thank you so much. Are those dimensions about these rimfire tuners?, please take a look at the below image taken from Harrell's Precision web page, because the AR tuner/brake is shortest than the rimfire one. Thks

My barrel lenght is 18 1/16" from bolt face to barrel muzzle with 0.85" diameter with 1/2"-28 TPI thread protector. I know it is a little short but I will buy a longer thread protector with smooth finish becuase this rimfire tuner is clamped. I need to make sure that I will be able to tuned it by Purdy method before buying the rimfire tuner and ordering the longer thread protector. Thks

Attachments

• 403_image.jpg
    403_image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 43
1.How long is the Harrel tuner at its shortest length from the muzzle to the end of the tuner? main body-3.6035 including inner tube-3.8220
2-. How long is the harrel tuner at its longest lenght from the muzzle to the end of the tuner? approximately -4.327 set at 500
3-. How long is the inside bore of the Harrell rimfire tuner?, I meant from the end to the inside shoulder where the tuner stops with the muzzle barrel. 1.1715 from end of inner tube -2.6530
4-. Could you please let me know the diameter of the inner tube and diameter of the outer tube? inner-.6270 outer 1.3420

Lee
Thank you so much Lee, have a great weekend.

Thank you so much. Are those dimensions about these rimfire tuners?, please take a look at the below image taken from Harrell's Precision web page, because the AR tuner/brake is shortest than the rimfire one. Thks

My barrel lenght is 18 1/16" from bolt face to barrel muzzle with 0.85" diameter with 1/2"-28 TPI thread protector. I know it is a little short but I will buy a longer thread protector with smooth finish becuase this rimfire tuner is clamped. I need to make sure that I will be able to tuned it by Purdy method before buying the rimfire tuner and ordering the longer thread protector. Thks
You will not be able to use a Harrels tuner and the Purdy method on a 18in barrel if you tune to the 9th harmonic. The tuner will be too long. If I were you I would forget the tuner. An 18 in barrel won't respond to a tuner no matter what make or tunning method you use.