• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HARRELL TUNER QUESTION

oldfatguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
Harrell tuner with 3oz weight on CZ MTR. Did the full Hopewell Method and came up with #426 as the best setting. If I take the tuner off how important is clocking when I reinstall?

OFG

I make a mark with magic marker just to be sure, but I’ve taken mine off a few times and it still shoots the same (amazing) when I put it back on.

I would make reference marks and take pictures. My ATS was spot on when I took it off and back on with reference marks. Try to torque it the same if at all possible. I changed thread protectors to one that was .20in shorter to smooth the end out and my tune moved some from that. Im sure the harmonics changed with weight or how tight I had it torqued in place.
tempImageDZmcaZ.png
tempImageeCXz5c.png

Last edited:
I would make reference marks and take pictures. My ATS was spot on when I took it off and back on with reference marks. Try to torque it the same if at all possible. I changed thread protectors to one that was .20in shorter to smooth the end out and my tune moved some from that. Im sure the harmonics changed with weight or how tight I had it torqued in place. View attachment 7692385View attachment 7692386

What’s the total length of the protector after you cut it down to be flush with the muzzle?

What’s the total length of the protector after you cut it down to be flush with the muzzle?
I did not cut it down. I contacted PVA and had Josh make another one that was .20 shorter. Paid his for it and I had it the following week.

Crazy. I had him do that same exact thing too but mine is still long. He said he went through and broke 3 of them before he finished cutting mine.

.430 was as short as he could cut it down and it’s .13 too long still with the tuner. Without the tuner on it’s flush. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• CD7A2F5D-160B-4686-875C-194362282D2E.jpeg
    CD7A2F5D-160B-4686-875C-194362282D2E.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 54
  • EEC10AE5-E41B-4884-9BC1-67A579D50A0E.jpeg
    EEC10AE5-E41B-4884-9BC1-67A579D50A0E.jpeg
    402 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Defender32
Interesting. I can get a picture of mine side by side this afternoon and be able to decipher the measurements.

Reactions: Hardpan
Interesting. I can get a picture of mine side by side this afternoon and be able to decipher the measurements.
I assume the muzzle threads on the barrel were cut less than .5 inches which is why this cut down protector is flush with the muzzle without the tuner on..

Reactions: Defender32