• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris 9-13 or 6-9

Re: Harris 9-13 or 6-9

from a bench or flat ground, 6-9... but for field use, 9x13.. the 6x9 will not work if you are on any kind of a down slope or high grass

I carry both in my pack with Larue QD adapters.

well it depends where your shooting, if your shooting 1000+ useing a 10 round DMB, shooting off a bag,,,, lots of considerations.

90% dont need anything more than a 6-9"

Yea just got confused. Because harris website lists the 9-13 as the "standard" leg size. So it makes it seem like the 6-9 is extremely short. But the 6-9 seems more popular and its "good enough" for the marines to use in the field.

P.s what's a good rear bag? The badger ordnance "bone" is cheap and looks pretty cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> from a bench or flat ground, 6-9... but for field use, 9x13.. the 6x9 will not work if you are on any kind of a down slope or high grass </div></div>

I have the 9-13 and find myself needing to extend the legs pretty regularly. I guess if I didn't have it I could drag my ruck out and use that for some added elevation, but it sure comes in handy. Like Ring mentioned, high grass, down slope, or conversely if you're shooting uphill.
I rarely need the full 13 though, just need a little more than the 9. I really wish I had the notched legs.

6-9" Harris swivel with pod-loc. Red Tac Gear's bean bag is really nice. My wife took their design and made me a few for about 10% of the price...

I have always thought that something exactly in the middle of the two would be right. 7.5-11 or so. The 6-9 is too short for most field applications and the 9-13 is too long for the bench.
When in doubt, the taller one is usually the right choice unless you do all your shooting from concrete or the bench

3ouw4a.jpg

I wish i could buy both!! I just received the 6-9 in the mail! I seem to like the height. The only problem i seem to have is that the swivel tension nut. Their is no way you can get that locked down by hand!! I think the Pod-loc is a must!

I bought the 6-9, and have liked it so far. It is a real pain at some of my shooting spots with tall grass/ bushes though, but usually just shoot off of my spotting scope case to get the extra height I need.

Harris 6X9 notched legs with swivel. Bought mine at La Rue with integrated QD and works great, but only shoot from bench or prone on fairly level surface and could imagine you might need more height if on uneven or angled ground as mentioned above.

I like to use 6" off the bench and usually a 9-13 off the ground.

I have Red Tac and Tab Gear rear bags. I like both.

I have had Harris with Swivel, notched legs and without 6 to 9, GG&G XDS, Rock Creek..if your going to bench mostly i would get a Harris 6 to 9 BR without the notched legs or cant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seekwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had Harris with Swivel, notched legs and without 6 to 9, GG&G XDS, Rock Creek..if your going to bench mostly i would get a Harris 6 to 9 BR without the notched legs or cant.</div></div> I love the notched legs! But i am not really liking the swivel!

I agree with this. "I like to use 6" off the bench and usually a 9-13 off the ground"

I've used the 6-9 and the 9-13 and barely noticed the difference to be honest. I got the 9-13 by mistake actually since I wanted what was issued on the M40A3/5's. I haven't had any problems from shooting off the bench with the 9-13. That being said, I will be getting a 6-9 for my next rifle. And just to reinforce what most already know, the pod loc is a must for swivel models (which I consider a must as well).