• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris Bi-pod Failure

Willys46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2007
Oregon City, OR
Has this ever happened to you?
bipod-2.jpg

bipod-1.jpg

Back story, first day hunting I dropped pron on a nice little buck and the next thing I know my gun is bouncing of the rock in front of me! I looked down and thought the bipod had fallen off the swivel stud.

There was no time so I layed the gun on the rock and got a steady rest.

All said and done, One buck down and a broken Bi-pod.

Has anyone had a Harris fail like this. Its a 6-9 notched leg swivel model.

Lucky for me the hunt was over and I did not need it the rest of the week.

And Yes Harris is taking care of it ASAP. Great customer service!

Willys46

Re: Harris Bi-pod Failure

It appears a weld let loose, no?

Ya, it looks like the weld that holds the mounting plate to the swivel portion pulled apart. I'm not ruling out user error, I could have put to much forward pressure in the heat of the moment.

With the customer service they have shown, I will be buy more.

We have the same models on our 25s and we beat the hell out of them, can't say I've ever seen that. Glad to hear Harris is taking care of it.

Have all Harris BRM-S models on my rifles and have never had a problem. Good to hear the customer service is as good as the product.

Wow, never seen that on any of mine either.. If ya don't want it (or didn't send it to Harris), send it to me and I'll TIG it back togather just for shits & giggles. ... J.

Harris is all I run as well and have never heard of one failing like this. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen.

I just want to be clear, I did not post this to slam them or their product at all. They have a great product, but I had never heard a word about their customer service.(I guess that's because their product does not fail very often!) They have a majority of the market in tactical type competitions and we are typical a little rough on gear, I'm surprised they do not fail more often.

I packed it up and sent it in today. I will keep yall posted on the turn around time.

Willys

Yikes, can't say I've ever seen anything like that before. Probably just from the fulcrum of pressure on the legs. But glad you got it taken care of!

Please keep us updated on how the company treats you, and how they handle it.

Just looks like a failed weld. Glad they are doing the right thing.

No - never had one fail like that. I've frankly had more swivel studs come out of stocks than bipods fail - but like has been said before, anything can break. I am glad to see they're taking care of the problem.

From the looks of it, it appears only about 1/2 of it got tacked. It can happen, not a deal breaker or big news and surely they will resolve it quickly.

Good to know that they took care of you. Never have a Harris fail on me for the last 15 years.

I have beaten the hell out of mine. I also have another that doesn't see as much field use, but lots of range time on multiple rifles.

Never seen that kind of failure. You will usually rip the stud out of the stock before the bipod fails.

Looks like a factory defect to me. Glad they are covering it.

I have quite a few Harris bipods and I have experienced that same failure on one of them. It was a weld issue. They replaced the bipod at no charge.

dang...been usis harris bi-pods for quite a few years...no problems..i am sure they will take care of it

i broke a swivel model 6-9 in the same way... very little pressure on it and rifle slides forward onto the bench, almost had a AD...

I just bought another one, but who did you contact at customer service? do they have an email? it doesn't even look like there is a webpage or anything.

Looks like you should have purchased the Shooters Ridge one.
wink.gif

Just kidding!

WOW!!! I've never seen that failure. Ever. But I guess it's like my old OPS officer used to say "weird SH*T happens" I'm glad to hear about how good the customer service is with harris. I hope they fix it quickly, and am waiting to hear how it goes.

I wanted to give you all an update in the bipod and harris's customer service.

I received my brand new bipod today in the mail. They had me send it back and they replaced no questions!

Not that any of us or I thought their product was weak or of poor quality, but be assured if you have and issue they will stand behind it!

Thank you Harris!

Willys46

Great to hear they stand behind their products. I use a GG&G on my AR10 which I love, but never could find a Harris that I liked.

The replacement doesn't surprise us as much as the failure may surprise them. Snithappens.

I have broken a few bipods and Harris is GTG. Even when my pod lock broke the center stud the replaced it for free. They did say that pod locks wreak havoc on thier stuff.

Rich