• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris Bi Pod

USMC#1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2013
Guys,

Which is the Harris Bi Pod that everyone is recommending with the swivel head?

Thanks in Advance,

Frank O.

BRMS. Make sure to get a pod loc as it is useless without one.

I'd recommend the HBRMS over the BRMS. The spring loaded legs of the HBRMS are much easier to quickly adjust than the locking knob version found on the BRMS.

JMTCW...

Ok, verifying!

Harris Bipod 9” - 13” HBRMS with a Pod Loc?

Ok, verifying!

Harris Bipod 9” - 13” HBRMS with a Pod Loc?

There is some misinformation in this thread so far.

HB in the code means harris bipod. They will all have an HB to start with.
The next letter will dictate the length of the legs, R is 6-9, L is 9-13, H is 13-23. (Regular, Longer, Highest is how I remember it)
An M following that will denote the notched legs which you will like. If there is not an M then its the normal legs with a tension knob and not the slotted quick set legs. You want the M in the model version for ease and speed.
Finally an S denotes the swivel.

So based on that a "9-13 HBRMS" is impossible. The 9-13 version will be model number HBLMS.

I like the 6-9 (HBRMS), if you need more height to shoot over grass from prone then get the 9-13 (HBLMS). Only you can say what your shooting conditions and body structure will dictate.

Last edited:
I use both the 6-9 and the 9-13 depending on the rifle. I find on my Magpul hunter 700 I use the 6-9 set at about 8" and on my Sako with a sporter style stock the 9-13 (hunting rig) set at about 10". You will have to find out which height works the best for your rilfe stock set up, body size, neutral position, etc... seems like the majority use the 6-9.

regardless of height get the notched legs "M" and swivel "S" and I highly recommend you buy a pod loc for it.

Hey Spife, thanks for the clarification on model designation (they always confused the shit out of me).

The next letter will dictate the length of the legs, R is 6-9, L is 9-13, H is 13-23. (Regular, Longer, Highest is how I remember it)
An M following that will denote the notched legs which you will like. If there is not an M then its the normal legs with a tension knob and not the slotted quick set legs. You want the M in the model version for ease and speed.

So based on that a "9-13 HBRMS" is impossible. The 9-13 version will be model number HBLMS.

I like the 6-9 (HBRMS), if you need more height to shoot over grass from prone then get the 9-13 (HBLMS). Only you can say what your shooting conditions and body structure will dictate.
Excellent explanation. Sometimes different retailers even get it wrong.

Great reply, thanks for posting.

John.

This is what I like about this site!

Acuurate answers and great insight by all.

Cant wait yo shoot on my first event!

Thanks, getting the Harris for my HMR. Looked on the Harris site and could not find a good explanation to all the nomenclatures.

My Harris bipods have served me well.
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

That being said I've just bought a Hy- Skor for my Tikka, $109 Aus (so that's about $60 US🙄) and that does okay.
Definitely go for the longer legs.

Why what? The hate for the Harris unwarranted. Top tier shooters still use them and they deploy faster than the Atlas. I'll keep the Harris and Ckye Pod.
Why bring up a two year old thread so guys can yell, just as good.

Perhaps you should elaborate next time instead of writing a vague, two-word post.

Good day.
People who where here for the last thread like this know what I am talking about. Whether or not some random person knows or not, I don’t really care.