• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris Bipod Adaptor

jladd

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2017
Illinois
Looking at purchasing a Ruger Precision Custom Shop model rifle, will be using it for various benchrest matches. I am in need of an adaptor for my Harris benchrest bipod so I can use it. RRS makes a nice setup however with the cost of the plate and clamp I’m looking at over $200. Does anyone make an adaptor that’s a bit less pricey?

Thanks

I mean you can just get an M-lok sling stud for like $25 and mount it to that. If you want to go to Arca style system that is the price point really. You can get some amazon stuff but that stuff is usually junk.

Not to lead off course here but what is the price of that rifle? personally I'd try and steer you in a different direction, I'd recommend saving your pennies for a bit longer and having something custom built.

Look in the box when you get your RPR. There may be a sling stud inside the box that you can attach to the handguard.

Thanks for the prompt responses. I already have a mlok picatinny rail for my Rock River AR. I need to find out if the 1.5” rail on the bottom of this rifle has mlok slots. Harris makes an adaptor for a picatinny rail ($29) so this would get me in business. If I expand beyond benchrest I’ll look at upgrading.

Thanks much!

Thanks for the prompt responses. I already have a mlok picatinny rail for my Rock River AR. I need to find out if the 1.5” rail on the bottom of this rifle has mlok slots. Harris makes an adaptor for a picatinny rail ($29) so this would get me in business. If I expand beyond benchrest I’ll look at upgrading.

Thanks much!
The RPR is a good rifle, not great, but quite good.
The biggest downfall is the adjustable buttstock, it is an easy upgrade, we used the LUTH AR MBA-3, though we did add acommercial sized buffer tube.
A big improvement.
The Magpul PRS Lite would be an attractive option as well, it really does make a big difference.

The RPR is a good rifle, not great, but quite good.
The biggest downfall is the adjustable buttstock, it is an easy upgrade, we used the LUTH AR MBA-3, though we did add acommercial sized buffer tube.
A big improvement.
The Magpul PRS Lite would be an attractive option as well, it really does make a big difference.
If I was buying off the shelf I'd be looking at the Bergara Permiere Competition.

Looking at purchasing a Ruger Precision Custom Shop model rifle, will be using it for various benchrest matches. I am in need of an adaptor for my Harris benchrest bipod so I can use it. RRS makes a nice setup however with the cost of the plate and clamp I’m looking at over $200. Does anyone make an adaptor that’s a bit less pricey?

Thanks

I've been chewing on the idea of buying an Atlas bipod for my Ruger Precision Rifle. I currently use a Harris bipod that attaches to a sling attachment stud I had squirreled away in a box of gun parts. I thought I would have to buy a picatinny rail to mount to the handguard to attach the Atlas bipod and have been shopping for one.

I had not opened the box the RPR came in for several years, then decided to take a look inside a couple days ago. Lo and behold, there was a sling attachment stud and picatinny rail with screws inside the box.

If you buy a new RPR, look inside the box before buying accessories.

If you have no need to slide your bipod fore and aft then why go to an ARCA set up? I’m more of a PRS style shooter than a benchrest shooter. But if I was going to be shooting benchrest or prone matches then I would try and mount the bipods as far forward as possible and not move them, so a sling stud or mlok pic rail would be absolutely fine.

And the Harris is set up to attach to a sling stud so no need to get a rail adapter to use a rail. Just a sling stud.

I think the RPR is a great gun. They've been reliable for everyone I know personally.

I regret selling my Gen1 which I installed the Gen 2 handrail on.

After you shoot through this barrel look to LRI for a replacement

"Accuracy is the chamber forward"
not me