• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris bipod integrated quick release options

Sigma05

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I've been snoopin' around for some days now and like what I see. I have a question that you guys may be able to help. I did do a search before writing this question.

I'm looking for an integrated picatinny quick release system for my swivel Harris bipods. I'm not looking for those adaptors that attach to the picatinny that then have a sling swivel on it. I'm familiar with the LaRue and Alamo versions. LaRue doesn't sell their adaptors separately, and Alamo's is not a lever system. Are there any other choices out there? LaRue's setup seems perfect, but as mentioned before, they won't sell separately. TIA.

Al

Re: Harris bipod integrated quick release options

Well, Larue's option is, in fact, a QD option that uses the existing Harris swivel stud mount that they definitely sell separately (if for some strange reason you can't get Mark and crew to sell one separately, they can be had from Larue dealers and on various forums without difficulty). Once the bipod is attached to the adapter, the adapter can be attached and detached from any picatinny rail with a flip of the throw lever (the entire assembly removes with the bipod). The Larue design, while adding some height to the bipod by the nature of the attachment, is arguably one of the design going. It is extremely strong, well made and the throw lever will last a lifetime of use/abuse. See here:

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=38

There is also the ARMS #32 adapter which requires you to remove the adjustment screw assembly from the Harris and mount the adapter in its place. This offers a lower profile than the Larue LT-130 mount above. I have these on a couple of rifles and they work well (just be careful not to go gorilla on the lever as I have personally broken a few of them now from regular use...and admittedly some abuse).

[WELL...THE @#$%^& Link to the ARMS #32 won't work properly, but if you go to their website, under mounts, to the second full page at the bottom, you'll find it!]

ETA: That's what I get for trying to work while responding...tmp beat me to it, but the Larue is the ticket!

Hey Sigma, I live in Irvine too. A little off topic, but where do you shoot?

Rob

Thanks guys, but that is want I actually don't want
smile.gif
The solution I'm looking for requires to remove the original Harris swivel plate/sling attachment point, and swap it out for a quick release picatinny base. Here is LaRue's setup that they wont' sell separately:

Harris Bipod BRM-S and LT706 QD Swivel Mount Combo

Here is Alamo's setup:
Alamo Four Star DLOC-S

As mentioned before, LaRue doesn't sell the part separately, and Alamo's setup is no really quick since it's not a lever system. I'm either looking for another option that is similar, or a source for somebody that has managed to sell the LaRue kit separately. I want to avoid those other adaptors that go in between. TIA

Al

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Sigma, I live in Irvine too. A little off topic, but where do you shoot?

Rob </div></div>

Hi Rob,

I haven't shot since I moved to Irvine. When I lived in Canoga Park, I went pretty much every weekend to Norco for IPSC. This was about the time when Cali gun laws started going downhill. Took all my firearms out of Cali and the only shooting I do in Cali since then, is when someone ask me to teach them, and it's with their firearms at their range of choice. Beginning of 2011, we're moving out of Cali permanently to North Carolina. Tired of all the political BS in that state. Only reason I stayed this long in Cali is because the gigs I had there.

Send your harris in to larue, and they will install the lt706 for you. i had it done last year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sigma05</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys, but that is want I actually don't want
smile.gif
The solution I'm looking for requires to remove the original Harris swivel plate/sling attachment point, and swap it out for a quick release picatinny base. Here is LaRue's setup that they wont' sell separately:

Harris Bipod BRM-S and LT706 QD Swivel Mount Combo
</div></div>

Oh...I understand your original post better now.

In that case, you can either send your bipod off to Larue and they'll "upgrade" it to their LT-706 mount.

OR

The ARMS #32 mount I mentioned above is a similar product. Here is a link to a retailer selling them since I couldn't get the link to ARMS to work:

http://ustacticalsupply.com/armsandreg32and153throwleverandregadapterforharristypebipod.aspx

The LaRue option is not possible right now since I'm overseas. I also wasn't treated well when I tried to see if they would sell the kit separately. They must think that they are the only intelligent people on this planet, and that we are just all inferior beings. ARMS setup is better than most adapters, but I'm looking for something with a lower profile. Weight, profile, and quick release setup are the goal. Thanks for the input. It's broadened my options.

Without exception, Larue products are FAR superior to anything made by ARMS.

I recently purchased a harris with the Dloc installed. Its very solid. Had 3 crossbars and a long rail profile.

The clamp is spring loaded and most often I dont even tighten up the crossbolt screw its that solid of a lock up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without exception, Larue products are FAR superior to anything made by ARMS.</div></div> +1 the battle continues

I was in the same boat as you just a few months ago. I thought a lever was the way to go when it comes to "quick release". Then I handled a Harris with the D-Loc. It is most definitely quick detach and I would recommend it to anyone. And the customer service at Phoenix Tactical is second to none.
I have had the D-Loc for a few months now I am very happy with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bighouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in the same boat as you just a few months ago. I thought a lever was the way to go when it comes to "quick release". Then I handled a Harris with the D-Loc. It is most definitely quick detach and I would recommend it to anyone. And the customer service at Phoenix Tactical is second to none.
I have had the D-Loc for a few months now I am very happy with it. </div></div>

Thank you for the gracious comments sir.
The DLOC-S for Harris bipods are in stock.
If you have a Pod-Loc (if you don't get one) the installation takes about two minutes with no tools. Without the Pod-Loc it takes the same amount of time however you will need a socket wrench.

Thank you,

Anybody know how the D-Loc and the Larue compare weight-wise? I'm a Nazi when it comes to fore-end weight...

I know you said Harris, but have you looked at an Atlas with the quick detach (lever) feature? Good Luck.