• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris bipod mod

anginaprinzmetal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2014
To preface I like to dick around w/ my equipment and have a few Atlas and Ckye bipods that I regularly use.

Having said that I have a Harris seating in my safe that I don't use bc of non-notched legs. Has anyone done any mod to the Harris to either change the legs or somehow add notches ? Is there any adaptor or legs that can be bought to change to notched ones ? Thanks

I used a lathe but you could use a drill pess. Remove the extensions, marked them side by side, chucked them in a drillpress on low speed, used a hacksaw and toched each mark to create a small groove, smoothed the corners with a file, reassemble. Worked for me

I used a lathe but you could use a drill pess. Remove the extensions, marked them side by side, chucked them in a drillpress on low speed, used a hacksaw and toched each mark to create a small groove, smoothed the corners with a file, reassemble. Worked for me
How deep did you go in the notches? I am interested in trying this. any help would be appreciated

A friend of mine used a file and just went a few passes at a time then checked the function. I would definitely take the time to put them side by side when marking the notches. One of the notches he did didn’t line up correctly with the opposite leg!

im going to pull a set apart and see what kind of wall thickness i will be working with. I probably have a pair of each so it may be easier than I anticipated