• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris bipod recoil jump

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Guys, My AW .308 constantly jumps to the left when shooting. i have tried everything. It does not do it with my TRG22. someone told me if I loosen the pod lock up a bit it will help this? i dont see how since the pod lock goes side to side and not front to back. Do yout hink he meant loosen it from te rifle a tad. The sako trg does not have the proper adapter so i use the sling loop, it makes the bipod pretty loose.

It is very tight on the AW. I have tried adjusting how I position it into my shoulder, but it just doesnt seem to help. In pretty much all the groups i am seeing at 100 the fliers are always to the left. What could I be doing wrong. I did not have this trouble a couple of years ago with my 1993 AW.

all these are from a homemade shooting bench. I know im not flenching. could the way I am griping the humb hole be putting left side force on the rifle?

Re: Harris bipod recoil jump

sign up for the online training, Jacob and Frank will learn you the Jedi way of no hop!

Hahaha he is right. I saw a short video on JUST trigger pull. Muscle memory plays big on any style shooting. He will train you well. There are nuances to pulling a trigger that 95% of shooters simply ignore. Its amazing that so many variables can come into play. Theres a weeks worth of range time just on trigger pull. Im considering signing up for it myself; we need to get on a budget.

Im thinking the thumbhole design adds to errors. I can see my pulse from my plam in my scope on the AW, but the Sako feels much better and the resulting groups show it. I want to like the AW, but things just have not been going my way with it.

It's not bipod hop. It's actually the ground moving out from under it when the shot breaks. j/k!

It all has to do with your body position. The Cobra speaks the truth. Sign up and learn the ways from the masters.

you home yet Frank? And havent you noticed that its always the rifles fault? You know everyone on here is a 1/4 MOA shooter. That wasnt intended as an insult towards the OP, just messing around with Frank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Thumbhole, ya that's it, blame the thumbhole... </div></div>

Hi LL. I figured you would see this and slam me for saying that
smile.gif

i did not have this issue shooting my older AIAW and certainly not with the sako. It must be the new AW huh?? Definitely not me..
smile.gif

I really cannot blame the thumb hole Frank is correct. But I do see slight pulse movement through the scope when i grip it vs traditional stocks where I can rest my thumb on top.

Im going to sign up for the online training.

if you are seeing your pulse, you may be gripping the stock to firmly, yes that can be a problem. The fliers to the left, what shot do they fall on? The first of the grouping or the last or the middle? The fliers to the left lead me to think that it is a trigger crushing issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you are seeing your pulse, you may be gripping the stock to firmly, yes that can be a problem. The fliers to the left, what shot do they fall on? The first of the grouping or the last or the middle? The fliers to the left lead me to think that it is a trigger crushing issue. </div></div>

deadly I believe you are right. I just took the trigger class and agree i have been doing a lot of things wrong. I probably was gripping way to hard.

Im try the new techs learned fro the training session. $50 bucks was well worth it.

Get lined up straight behind the rifle. That will fix your hop.