• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris bipod substitute

Re: Harris bipod substitute

Midway does. They have one in there Caldwell line, I think. Check out their Bipod section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway does. They have one in there Caldwell line, I think. Check out their Bipod section. </div></div>

I bought a couple of the Caldwells & they seem to be OK. I haven't been too tough on them yet, but I think they will stand up to normal to heavy use.

My son uses a Caldwell 6-9 swivel on his XP-100 for the long range matches. It's not as heavy or tight as the Harris but he has no problem with it as it serves it's purpose.

Topstrap

I have the caldwell 6-9 swivel and it is ok. I have had no failures with it except for the pads that are glued on the top of it (that makes contact with stock) has come off several times.

The harris seemed to be a better, beefier build.

I saw a thread on here a week or so ago of someone selling harris clones for $25 each...Might be a good option for you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kansas45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway does. They have one in there Caldwell line, I think. Check out their Bipod section. </div></div>

I bought a couple of the Caldwells & they seem to be OK. I haven't been too tough on them yet, but I think they will stand up to normal to heavy use. </div></div>

I bought a 6-9 notched Caldwell at Bass Pro the other day. It was the notched type. The only problem i have had is that after some shooting off the bench the left leg wants to come unlocked when it is extended. that means you have to reset after the shot. pais 44 dollars for it.