• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris Bipod Swivel tension adjustment

CShooter92

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
I have a Harris HBRMS that I fairly recently put an Area 419 ARCA clamp and adaptor on. I now find that the swivel tension keeps loosening off on me fairly quickly. I'll tighten the larger nut down so it has desired tension, but when I put it on my rifle and swivel it back and forth a bit, the round knob turns with the swivelling action and quickly loosens up the larger nut on the back. I've tried tightening the larger nut down as hard as I can and then I get no swivel at all.

What are you guys doing for adjustment when you don't have a lever on your bipod?

Instal a lever. I use the levers from t-nuts. Cost about $9 a bipod about 8 years ago. Never had an issue with them loosening

Pod-lok.
Chinese levers may work the same, but I support those that support us. This precision rifle game would not be what it is without men like Terry Cross bearing the cost of R&D on the things we take for granted.

Reactions: camocorvette
$22.95 every day.

It is the original but what makes it twice the price of T-nuts is that it is the only one made in the U.S.

Lever injection molded in Idaho
Stainless lever insert manufactured in California
Stainless spring manufactured in Texas
Stainless tamper resist assembly screw made in Oregon
Stainless bell shaped main body made in Oregon.
Assmebled and packaged in Louisiana

If I was business smart (and I'm not) , I would have all of the above sourced in China. Then, because of my volume I could undercut T-nuts and everybody else's price with parts WAY better designed for the job while keeping my same $ margin.

Every shooter is more than entitled to make their choice on equipment.
In fact if you are a shooter struggling with budget, I would actually encourage you to by the T-nuts Chinese thing and spend the $10 you saved on ammo.

I just think it is kind of humorous to see shooters spend $4 to $6K on a rifle, $1-$3K on optics, another $1K on accessories and then put the lowest budget swivel lock on their bipod that doesn't even protect the clutch and threaded rod correctly.

Fortunately, the market is large and we all have our niche.

Opportunistic business goobers waiting to make a buck should standby for 2 or 3 new products from the KMW shop shortly. All you have to do is wait and get a sample then you can have copies being made to sell within 3 months!

***Nothing above is a big deal. I just got caught next to a keyboard while drinking coffee. Carry on. :)

./

My apologies, I stand corrected on the awesomeness aspect. I had no idea it was entirely sourced and built in the US.

Reactions: MBanning
My Atlas Cal came with one and I immediately bought another one to switch out the cheap one that was on my other Harris. No problems since ?

My Atlas cal also has a KMW. Works excellent. Bought 4 of the t-nuts ones about 8 years ago for my Harris Bipods. 6-9, (2) 9-13, 13.5-27” those have worked excellent as well. The 6-9 and 9-13 Harris seeing the majority of the use.

Was on a more limited budget just getting into it back then. With what I know now I’d buy the KMW just for the support/US made as stated above.

That said I’ve never had an issue with the tnuts which have seen a ton of use on my AR’s up to 22 lbs bolt rifles

Last edited:
I realize I can get the lever. In Canada they are double, if not triple that price. I just want an answer for now in the meantime or for when/if my other Harris’ experience the same issues somewhere down the line.

Loctite may help. But I assure you the lever is worth the price if that problem continues

There were threads a while ago of people making their own. Something to look into maybe