• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Harris Rota-Pod?

Re: Harris Rota-Pod?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's unnecessary.

I have never had an issue panning with the BRM-S. The spring legs allow for this even when the feet are dug in. </div></div>

+1

Beware of misleading names........

That is not a "Harris" product. It is not endorsed, manufactured or distributed by Harris Engineering (makers of the Harris bipod).

Harris Engineering does not have and has never had a web site. They also do not make or market a lever kit for their own bipods. The kit sold as the "S-Lock" is not manufactured or endorsed by Harris Engineering. The S-Lock is an imported lever assembly and a domestically made spacer that is made up and sold by the owner of that web site.

A dealer in Bethlehem, CT claimed & bought the web domain called www.harrisbipods.com. They are not associated with Harris Egineering except for re-selling their bipods. Harrisbipods.com is actually a company called U.W.S. owned by Emilio Canavaca.

Many, many, many (well you get the idea...) people, business and agencies buy through that website thinking they are dealing directly with the real Harris and buying Harris endorsed or manufactured products.

Thank you Terry. Its always good to get the TRUTH out...

I get pretty tired of the underhanded behavior of businesses to make money off the little guy, that being me, lol. I feel the consumer is always getting the shaft, pass all expenses on to us no matter how big or small. Charging $10 for any product whatever it may be and knowing the damn thing doesnt cost a BUCK. In this case its almost damn near fraud, potentially a misrepresentation.

Anyways!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beware of misleading names........

A dealer in Bethlehem, CT claimed & bought the web domain called www.harrisbipods.com. They are not associated with Harris Egineering except for re-selling their bipods. Harrisbipods.com is actually a company called U.W.S. owned by Emilio Canavaca. </div></div>

I've had people tell me that Harris does not support their products. Guess what a little digging turns up...............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beware of misleading names........

A dealer in Bethlehem, CT claimed & bought the web domain called www.harrisbipods.com. They are not associated with Harris Egineering except for re-selling their bipods. Harrisbipods.com is actually a company called U.W.S. owned by Emilio Canavaca. </div></div>

I've had people tell me that Harris does not support their products. Guess what a little digging turns up...............</div></div>

I had no idea. Thank you.

This explains a lot of odd things around Harris products that I've had. Thank you for putting out some facts for those of us that are not close enough to know the behind the scenes real story