• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harrisburg, PA & Mechanicsburg, PA Schools

hugo121175

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Near Reading, PA
My wife has been offered a job in Harrisburg, PA. We currently live in NY, and have to figure out where to relocate to. Snice we have have kids, we need to know which schools districts to stay away from.

Thanks for any help you can send my way!

Hugo

Re: Harrisburg, PA & Mechanicsburg, PA Schools

PM me and I can help you out.

Can't give you any real tips other than a nice place, nice people. A heads up though...the city is broke. Google Harrisburg PA broke

Good Luck!

Thanx, Wife is a medical biller/coder..... We'll end up living out side of the city. We are looking around Mechanicsburg.

Hugo

PM me and I would be glad to connect you w the right people who can tell you anything you need to know about the York/Harrisburg area.

Having lived in many areas around the US, the Harrisburg area is one of the few places I would move back to if I could. It's been over 10 years since I lived in that area, but from memory, the Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Duncannan, and Carlisle area was pretty nice, as is Hershey. Urban Harrisburg wasn't that bad compared to other inner cities I have been to. I lived in the Middletown area and went to a private Catholic school in Harrisburg and the curriculum was much harder then that of the state mandated offerings.

Thanx for all the help fellas, and for all the PM's....
smile.gif

Oh yeah - there was a military school in Carlisle (high school) wasn't there?

Grew up a little south of there. The York Harware Bar was always fun. Nice climate, and many friends but decided to move on.

I went to school in Chambersburg, but that would be a little too far for you to drive.